Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So you've fallen for a girl and she just found out she has cancer... watch

...would you be put off/scared or would you be more keen to be there for her?

ReputationRep:
    If I'm in love with her I'd stick by her side until the last thing she hears is "I love you".

ReputationRep:
    I can only imagine how terrible that is for both of you, I wish you both all the strength and willpower to fight and stay togetheer, stay by her, it may be what saves her in the end when she has someone to fight for

ReputationRep:
    Abandon ship.

(Original post by Dilzo999)
    Abandon ship.
    Harsh! :-/

ReputationRep:
    Stay with her!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like silver from 90210

ReputationRep:
    Genders reversed, I'd want to spend as much time with them if I loved them.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she'll beat it.

Ditching her may make her lose to it...just saying.

ReputationRep:
    Depends. You say I've fallen but to me that also sounds like she doesn't know, in which case I'd probably keep quiet about it and just support her - as I also assume this is a friend trying to break-out of the friend-zone. If she knew, i.e. I had told her, then of course I wouldn't just about face and leg it.

ReputationRep:
    Man the **** up and stick by her. She will need as many positives as she can get and having someone extra in her life to hold her hand and support her will make a world of difference. Imagine the roles were reversed, you would want someone there for you. Cancer is highly treatable now but that is irrelevant. This is about doing the right thing and regardless if she survives, staying with her is the right thing to do. You'd be a dirt bag if you cared for her and left because 'you couldn't deal with it'. Imagine how she feels.

ReputationRep:
    (change to guy) if I loved the person I'll stay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, you've fallen for her, so it's too late to back out now anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's deep.

ReputationRep:
    You've fallen for her so stay with her and support her.
    If you hadn't fallen for her it may be cruel to lead her on in a 'pity relationship' but that doesn't mean you can't stay friends with her and support her in that way.

If you truly loved her, you wouldn't hesitate to stay by her. Tell her how amazing she is, she shouldn't be treated different just because she's ill.

me and my bf got together shortly after i realised i had cancer, i think he had liked me for a bit before we got together but stuck by me through everything. whether you stay with her or not is your decision, but you need to decide asap because i can't imagine anything worse than you ending things with her mid-way treatment

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.