The Student Room Group

what is considered an hourglass shape to you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Something like this:

hourglass.jpg

Original post by Vixen47
A waist 10" smaller than the chest/hips is rare so I wouldn't go as far as to say that that's what it takes to make an hour glass.

My waist is 13 inches different to my chest and hips. It's not rare - particularly with latin/african/middle eastern ancestry.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Eveiebaby
My waist is 13 inches different to my chest and hips. It's not rare - particularly with latin/african/middle eastern ancestry.

being of color doesn't mean you'll have curves necessarily I'm mixed half European and I have a much smaller lower half then typically expected for any full grown woman.
Original post by Justagirl20
being of color doesn't mean you'll have curves necessarily I'm mixed half European and I have a much smaller lower half then typically expected for any full grown woman.

I said it wasn't rare. Which is a massive step to saying everyone from that ancestry. I know people with low hip to ass/ chest ratio who are of every ethnicity. But high hip to waist ratio is more common in Latin, middle eastern and afro ancestry. That is obvious.
European ancestry is a bit ambiguous. South European is mixed with African more than nordic. .......
(edited 9 years ago)
Exactly what an hour glass looks like. Why is this a question? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Justagirl20
she looks bottom heavy to me.

her chest is smaller than her hips.

She's pretty though.

It's shoulders and hips usually.

Anyway an hourglass is any size with hips and shoulders in line, bust similar size to hips, and waist 10 inches smaller

Yeah I don't think it's that rare - mine is about 11" different.
Kelly Brook is 100% hourglass.
I said it wasn't rare. Which is a massive step to saying everyone from that ancestry. I know people with low hip to ass/ chest ratio who are of every ethnicity. But high hip to waist ratio is more common in Latin, middle eastern and afro ancestry. That is obvious.
European ancestry is a bit ambiguous. South European is mixed with African more than nordic. .......

No I have a low waist to hip ratio because I'm half white. White women actually wider hips than black women do. You guys just have bigger butts that's actually something read. But I did get the ass arch from someone else because most of my mom's family have flat butt whether fat or slim. But I was talking about curves not butts...

And I wasn't saying I had a high whr. I have a low one I was just indicating we're not all bigger than white women I tend to be a lot smaller but that's because my mom is.

Southern Europeans and middle eastern people are Caucasians btw.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
It's shoulders and hips usually.

Anyway an hourglass is any size with hips and shoulders in line, bust similar size to hips, and waist 10 inches smaller

some say that yet all the hourglasses seem to have wider shoulders that I've noticed. Like examples would be Jessica biel Candice swanepoel and katy perry you can tell from the back.

Also it's debatable some say hourglass has to do with bust. If it had to do with shoulders why do most body shape calculators go by the bust?

I know because I took some calculations they always asked for the bust... I've even heard people use the rib cage to figure out the shape. I find it funny because that way I get three different outcomes pear inverted triangle and hourglass lol. I just go by the bust since that seems the common one used.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest