Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-son-time.html

I'm all for full gay rights but something in me finds that photo very disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    It is abnormal to me, almost alien..

ReputationRep:
    No matter what sexuality, you should be able to have a child.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I bet this is gonna divide opinions quite quickly.

Personally, I think that's a wonderful picture and, as the above poster said, your sexuality shouldn't restrict your right to parenthood.

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious as to why people consider it disturbing and abnormal.

Those men will hopefully provide a loving and stable environment for the baby, something that can't be said about every heterosexual parent.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gay and I want kids some day, but this photo is a bit creepy.

Why are they naked o.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skip_Snip)

Why are they naked o.O
    In the article, the men stated that they're shirtless because skin-to-skin contact is beneficial for newborn babies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skip_Snip)

Why are they naked o.O
    It states in the article that skin on skin contact is believed to be beneficial for the baby. They aren't naked, merely topless.

ReputationRep:
    Err they are touching someone elses vagina juices..

ReputationRep:
    The child is looking for a breast but all it can find is hair. I don't mind the two men raising the child but at the same time, no child should be denied a mother. It's controversial but as long as the child is raised well, I don't see the issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NicCx)
    No matter what sexuality, you should be able to have a child.
    God designed it so that only a woman can give birth with a man. So why should homosexuals be able to have children?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xcalibur)
    God designed it so that only a woman can give birth with a man. So why should homosexuals be able to have children?
    The world doesn't revolve around religion you know, why can't you just let two people be happy?

ReputationRep:
    It's great to see so much ignorance in one post.

Firstly, God designed?
    Great premise. I see you haven't heard of critical reasoning. Perhaps you could premise your argument on something beyond "I'm like a five year old who believes Father Christmas is real".
    Secondly: Women can die from child birth. You don't think that a man would be able to raise the child? Or 2 men?
    Thirdly: The only disadvantage that a child has is from those who say that there is a disadvantage and spread homophobia (and lets be honest, general bigotry).
    Thirdly, you can tell that the poster is not talking about child birth but raising a child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veem)
    The world doesn't revolve around religion you know, why can't you just let two people be happy?

Three

ReputationRep:
    It is abnormal and unnatural for two men to procure a child in this manner.

ReputationRep:
    If you believe that God designed the world and everything in it, then you believe that he designed the human mind and endowed us with the intelligence to permit the development of reproductive science and technology. Indeed, if an omniscient omnipotent God designed reality then everything that happens in the world (including IVF) was his intention all along.

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for the baby

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limpopo)
    Well no, it's normal for to men to procure a child in this manner as its the only way they can get a child.

Many species of animals have forms of adoption and surrogate parenting so adoption isn't really unnatural either.

Wrong on both accounts I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwilym101)
    Well no, it's normal for to men to procure a child in this manner as its the only way they can get a child.

Many species of animals have forms of adoption and surrogate parenting so adoption isn't really unnatural either.

Wrong on both accounts I'm afraid.
    I guess it depends what your definition of normal and natural is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limpopo)
    The awkward moment when you realise that your argument is made out of horse ****e!

A) Being abnormal isn't inherently wrong.
    B) Being unnatural isn't inherently wrong.

Nature and being normal are in no way inherently moral issues.

But I like that you claim nature as your moral compass, tell me, which tree are you typing on?

Or did Adam and Steve get given laptops by the nice bearded man in your imaginary beliefs? (am I describing father Christmas or God?)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.