Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Part qualified ACA with the Big Four - how to I progress to financial advisory? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I'm pretty new to this site having only really used it to research ACA exam help! I'm just wondering whether anyone is able to shed some light onto how I can begin my progression to what I would ultimately do being financial advisory on a personal and business level - I have a year off before I do my final TI and Case papers for ACA and thought this is an ideal time to start studying towards another qualification.
    Can anyone let me know what qualification I should be aiming for? I've tried discussing with Recruitment agencies but alas they don't exactly have my best interests at heart? So far i'm only really aware of the the Diploma in Financial Planning offered by the CII?

Thanks guys!
    Fran

ReputationRep:
    CFA? MBA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francesca23)
    Hi All,

I'm pretty new to this site having only really used it to research ACA exam help! I'm just wondering whether anyone is able to shed some light onto how I can begin my progression to what I would ultimately do being financial advisory on a personal and business level - I have a year off before I do my final TI and Case papers for ACA and thought this is an ideal time to start studying towards another qualification.
    Can anyone let me know what qualification I should be aiming for? I've tried discussing with Recruitment agencies but alas they don't exactly have my best interests at heart? So far i'm only really aware of the the Diploma in Financial Planning offered by the CII?

Thanks guys!
    Fran
    Wow, its almost like someone else wrote my personal profile down!

I'm in the exact same position, audit at a Big Four and doing case next summer.

I'm personally sitting the CFA Level 1 in December which is probably the most reputable of qualifications for a more analytical financial role. My plan is to initially move internally to Transaction Services and gain more experience there as well as sitting Level 2 of the CFA as well and then based off of that experience to go into a bank/fund.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.