Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm going to Russia later this month, ask me anything Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'll be visiting Moscow and St Petersburg. Also, just before Russia, I'll be visiting Minsk, (that's in Belarus, not Russia).

ReputationRep:
    Can you speak Russian?

ReputationRep:
    who was Russia's greatest love machine ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan9900)
    Can you speak Russian?
    Да.

(That's yes in Russian, and yes, I can actually speak some Russian).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkteddyx64)
    Да.

Haha cool. Is it hard to learn? (interested in learning it myself)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Ukraine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEatMuFFiNS)
    Ukraine
    wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryan9900)
    Haha cool. Is it hard to learn? (interested in learning it myself)
    At first it is, but you will later most likely find that it is easy to learn.

I sometimes go to a nearby café for lunch, and the waitress there is from one of the former Soviet countries, (Estonia to be precise), and she is helping me to learn some Russian, as she speaks fluent Russian. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    What's your favourite colour?

Do you like Pandas?

What is your view on Chairman Mao?

ReputationRep:
    At first it is, but you will later most likely find that it is easy to learn.

I sometimes go to a nearby café for lunch, and the waitress there is from one of the former Soviet countries, (Estonia to be precise), and she is helping me to learn some Russian, as she speaks fluent Russian. :cool:
    Ah right, yeah I guess it's a lot easier when you have someone that speaks it already so you can practice having conversations.

Have a good time in Russia!

ReputationRep:
    Subbing as I'm thinking of making a wee trip!

Как дела? I don't actually know any Russian beyond that, but it's one of the few languages I'm considering learning. I'd like to learn a BRIC nation language, and Portuguese and Russian definitely hold more interest than any Indian languages or Mandarin. I went to Portugal recently and it was great. Russian history absolutely fascinates me though.

Assuming you don't hold a Turkish or CIS passport, did you have to apply for two pre entry visas, one for Belarus and the other for Russia? How was the process?

Edit: Just popped into my local Wetherspoons for a cheeky Baltika 7

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you'll meet James Bond?

ReputationRep:
    Rasputin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstroNandos)
    Rasputin?
    :yay:

ReputationRep:
    :yay:
    This song is too catchy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)

Как дела? I don't actually know any Russian beyond that, but it's one of the few languages I'm considering learning. I'd like to learn a BRIC nation language, and Portuguese and Russian definitely hold more interest than any Indian languages or Mandarin. I went to Portugal recently and it was great. Russian history absolutely fascinates me though.

Assuming you don't hold a Turkish or CIS passport, did you have to apply for two pre entry visas, one for Belarus and the other for Russia? How was the process?

(Original post by rockrunride)

Yes, I did have to apply for the two visas. The process was easy only because I am going to those countries on a tour package. Apparently, Brazilian and Israeli citizens, plus South Korean citizens are also on the visa waiver list for entering Russia.

As for the favorite color question, it is a blue colour that is my favourite.

ReputationRep:
    Да.

id nachui

ReputationRep:
    Will you mix with the "rich" Russians or the "greedy" Russians?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xtinalouise)
    Will you mix with the "rich" Russians or the "greedy" Russians?
    No I won't.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.