Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know it may vary from person to person, but in general, what type of math modules do people find easier at uni: stats/ analytical/ pure/ applied/coding/topology...

In general ?
    Or , any individual opinions on what you found easier?

How's stats?

Greatly appreciated, ta.

(completed 2nd year, yet to do any stats/topology/coding modules, done at least one in the other categories above)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepretender666)
    I know it may vary from person to person, but in general, what type of math modules do people find easier at uni: stats/ analytical/ pure/ applied/coding/topology...

In general ?

How's stats?

Greatly appreciated, ta.

(completed 2nd year, yet to do any stats/topology/coding modules, done at least one in the other categories above)
    You've completed second year but haven't done any statistics???

What have you studied in the past 2 years that you enjoyed?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing maths and physics, not solely maths so yhep.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing maths and physics, not solely maths so yhep.
    In that case, maybe applied would be best since applied is a bit like physics.

I'm more of a fan of applied/physics, and I found stats to be quite hard. But that's not to say that you won't!

Maybe have a talk with your personal tutor and ask for their advice.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:

In general ?

How's stats?

Greatly appreciated, ta.

Also just finished maths second year. My favourite modules are analysis modules and I've done one topology based module and quite enjoyed it. However, my highest marks, both in my first and second year, have come from algebra modules, but I dislike algebra.

I've hated stats, it's so boring and I find it very hard. I did one Java coding module, it was pretty fun, but with project based modules I tend to get bored, depends on how your course is done.

I don't think I've really done much applied so can't comment.

My advice would be do what you enjoy, it will be easier to study for. Maybe start a few modules and continue your favourites

ReputationRep:
    Stochastic processes for physics.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.