The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Thank you! :smile:

Original post by footchemllab
Following the application I had to do a video interview, which was just motivation based. Yep of course you can PM me :smile:
If a position states "to apply for this vacancy, please submit your CV to......" - do you also need to submit a cover letter? I just wondered as friends of mine tell me different things and I always assumed that you always send a cover letter with your CV.
Reply 2102
you can do a practice test on the linklaters website to give you an idea of what its like!
Hi guys i am currently in my second year of english lit and am looking forward to doing a gdl course, however the only work experience i have had is back in 2010 for two weeks. i have sadly missed the deadlines for vac schemes. i don't know wha to do! so stressed. any advice? i am worried because i feel like no one will give me any informal work experience let alone a vac scheme. confidence is pretty low to say the least.
Original post by rainbow18
Hi guys i am currently in my second year of english lit and am looking forward to doing a gdl course, however the only work experience i have had is back in 2010 for two weeks. i have sadly missed the deadlines for vac schemes. i don't know wha to do! so stressed. any advice? i am worried because i feel like no one will give me any informal work experience let alone a vac scheme. confidence is pretty low to say the least.

I PM'd you :smile:
Has anyone heard from Ashurst post-interview? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well that's it, I'm officially done. I received offers from Jones Day, Allen & Overy, Freshfields, Slaughter and May and Clifford Chance.

I will be on the Slaughter and May Easter scheme and I have opted to accept A&O and Freshfields for summer.

I will be at A&O on the 22 June - 10 July scheme and Freshfields on the 13 July - 31 July scheme.

If anybody here is on any of these schemes, let me know, we could all arrange a meet-up on the schemes. Would be nice to put a face to the usernames! :smile:

Good luck with the rest of your applications/interviews everybody.
Original post by mcrlawstudent
Well that's it, I'm officially done. I received offers from Jones Day, Allen & Overy, Freshfields, Slaughter and May and Clifford Chance.

I will be on the Slaughter and May Easter scheme and I have opted to accept A&O and Freshfields for summer.

I will be at A&O on the 22 June - 10 July scheme and Freshfields on the 13 July - 31 July scheme.

If anybody here is on any of these schemes, let me know, we could all arrange a meet-up on the schemes. Would be nice to put a face to the usernames! :smile:

Fantastic news! Well done :smile:

Congrats! quite a busy Easter and summer for you then :tongue:
Original post by Chianti1
Fantastic news! Well done :smile:

Original post by TrainingChopeful
Congrats! quite a busy Easter and summer for you then :tongue:

Thank you both, hopefully many other people from the little community that has developed on this thread will be joining me. :smile:
Reply 2110
Original post by zenstars
Has anyone heard from Ashurst post-interview? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I have an interview later this week. Have you got any tips on how to prepare? Thank you!

Wow, that's amazing, congratulations! Couldn't you do another scheme during August?
Original post by elmopsk
Did you make it?!

Original post by J-SP
Worst comes to the worst they will reschedule you for another day. But I suspect they will swap the assessments around, and you will just have to do your interview at the end of the day instead (if they can fit you in).

Original post by TrainingChopeful
They'll understand! Good luck for the AC :smile:

They did indeed swap it round! Thanks guys. It went okay, on balance don't think I've got this one, but always good practice :smile:
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
They did indeed swap it round! Thanks guys. It went okay, on balance don't think I've got this one, but always good practice :smile:

Was it linklaters? I had that today :smile:
Original post by FuzzySheep
Rejected from KWM yesterday and BLP just now for vac schemes. Trying not to feel totally disheartened...

Sorry to hear this Definitely don't feel disheartened! Can I just ask, when was your BLP interview? Still waiting to hear and getting nervous....
Reply 2115
KWM Easter offer :smile:
Original post by qazwer
KWM Easter offer :smile:

congrats! i have my interview tomorrow, do you have any advice/tips? thanks :smile:
Just done my IM video interview - pretty tough!
Original post by FuzzySheep
Rejected from KWM yesterday and BLP just now for vac schemes. Trying not to feel totally disheartened...

Sorry to hear that. Do you know who BLP's online test provider is? And is the Verbal Analysis test they want you to do the same as a verbal reasoning? Thanks
Reed Smith interview invite

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending