The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone had a interview with Ashurst? Anyone willing to give a heads up on the written exercise? Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got Osborne Clarke London today and expecting to hear from Burges Salmon tomorrow (ACs were last week, both were last ACs I believe).
(edited 9 years ago)
Got a davis polk offer! And received invite for White & Case video interview.. will be a strange experience I imagine (for those wondering about how long they've been waiting, its not necessarily indicative of anything but I applied on deadline day).
Original post by np2807
Yeah everywhere I've been has asked me that! Not sure if they want to see how 'good' you are or maybe just seeing if you're consistent in factors that you've thought of when applying… didn't expect them to care so much, bit nosy :tongue:

Seems to be about consistency and whether you've got a solid rationale for picking the firms that you have. Made a mistake with this in my first interview.
Reply 2784
To everyone getting W&C interviews- when did you guys apply? Applied on Jan 22nd and haven't heard back yet.
Original post by pahoeho
Got a davis polk offer! And received invite for White & Case video interview.. will be a strange experience I imagine (for those wondering about how long they've been waiting, its not necessarily indicative of anything but I applied on deadline day).

Hey,big congrats on the Davis Polk offer - sorry I never got back to you regarding interview tips, clearly you didn't need any anyway haha. I haven't heard from them yet, my interview didn't go so well. How did you find yours? I thought the case study was hard !
Original post by liarpoker
Anybody else surprised by how much interest some firms seem to take in in where else you've applied/have offers from during interviews?

I was asked this at every interview aside from my first one (which was in November). I was even asked which firms I would ultimately choose if I had offers from all my applications.
Original post by JKRP11
Hey,big congrats on the Davis Polk offer - sorry I never got back to you regarding interview tips, clearly you didn't need any anyway haha. I haven't heard from them yet, my interview didn't go so well. How did you find yours? I thought the case study was hard !

Cheers! No worries. Case study was alright but not the angle I was expecting them to take with regards to the questions asked on it (we might not have had the same one though.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Oscard2
No idea regarding the level of difficulty. I have been invited to take the test too.:smile:

I did the Ince & Co Watson Glaiser last year and then did Dentons last week. I'm pretty sure the questions where the same... they seemed really familiar. It's pretty tough though...

But they get back to you really quick after you do it. I didn't do well enough and they emailed be back the same day to say I hadn't met the threshold. So if you do it and don't hear anything for a few days then you're still in with a chance!!
Reply 2789
Anyone heard fom Squrires or Eversheds? Manchester offices?
To those who applied IM last year, how soon after IM post tele interview did you get an AC invite. Im becoming paranoid of constantly checking my email and the waiting game is indeed not nice at all :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quick question, did anyone who applied to Twobirds not get the Watson-Glaser invite, I'm feeling as though maybe it was automatic and they are doing to real sift now. I seriously don't know why I'm waiting as I totally fluffed the WG.
Original post by LawStudent30
Still waiting on IM post-interview too. It seems the last interview (or last ones I heard about) were to be submitted by the 9th and after the interview it said we would hear by the 20th so should be any day now! Sorry I know that's not entirely helpful..the waiting game is horrible!

Yes I think you are right in saying that the last interview were due by 9th. The waiting game is not nice at all ;( I feel your pain. I know some people with other firms got AC invite shortly afterwards completing the video interview. I wonder if that's the same with IM because it's nearly a week or two now and I don't think they have started sending AC invites. Their website says AC will take place February/March. If its February, I am sure they should contact us pretty soon, but its friday already so weekend to go !

Lets hope for the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pahoeho

Congrats, that's so great! Out of curiosity, how long did it take them to get back to you?
Is anyone still waiting on Herbert Smith? It's been over a month now and I can't decide if I should send them an email or not.... :confused:
Reply 2795
Original post by 3Birds
Quick question, did anyone who applied to Twobirds not get the Watson-Glaser invite, I'm feeling as though maybe it was automatic and they are doing to real sift now. I seriously don't know why I'm waiting as I totally fluffed the WG.

I'm thinking this too! I would have thought the Watson-Glaser would be really rather easy for them to sort through, but they're taking a (relatively) long time
Original post by Jingojango
TLT or Squire Patton Boggs anyone? Starting to think 2 weeks is a rejection.

I'm waiting on SPB too, PFO on the way I reckon
Original post by cutegirl15
To those who applied IM last year, how soon after IM post tele interview did you get an AC invite. Im becoming paranoid of constantly checking my email and the waiting game is indeed not nice at all :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here!

The wait is horrible :frown:
Reply 2798
Original post by JBasil
I'm thinking this too! I would have thought the Watson-Glaser would be really rather easy for them to sort through, but they're taking a (relatively) long time

Yeah I am starting to think that everyone got the invite too...Even though the email did say hat we have made to to the next stage!

Well good luck hope you get good news!
I won't hold my breath for an invite to video interview then, esp as they get 2000 apps for the summer scheme. I got so excited when I made the next stage! aha. Good luck all!

Quick Reply