The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by martha789
Mine was on 28th! Considering it was my first telephone interview ever, I think it went ok. We'll see, I really don't know what to expect! Fingers crossed for yours!

Every time that I get an email I rush to my inbox, the wait is horrendous. It was my first one too, I did not know what to expect, and I researched a lot and thought that it was going to be industry based, but thankfully I knew how to answer the competency questions. Did they say to you how long that you would have to wait? Good luck!
Original post by adriennbrigden
Every time that I get an email I rush to my inbox, the wait is horrendous. It was my first one too, I did not know what to expect, and I researched a lot and thought that it was going to be industry based, but thankfully I knew how to answer the competency questions. Did they say to you how long that you would have to wait? Good luck!

I know! Someone called me from unknown number today and I've been hoping it's them haha They only told me that I should hear from them within few days..
Original post by martha789
I know! Someone called me from unknown number today and I've been hoping it's them haha They only told me that I should hear from them within few days..

Hopefully it was them then! That is what they told me, but I think that they were still doing the interviews last week, so maybe we have to wait a little longer.
Reply 4323
PFO Mishcon
Original post by dierks
PFO Mishcon

Sorry to hear that, at what stage were you at in your application?
Reply 4325
Original post by ULawAJ
Sorry to hear that, at what stage were you at in your application?

Thanks. Post video interview.

Beginning to start asking if I should look at other careers.
Original post by dierks

When did you submit your interview?

I'm applying for other graduate jobs currently, haha, just so I don't spend next year doing nothing!
Original post by sushi678
Has anyone been invited for an informal interview with Winckworth Sherwood? What does it mean by informal? Any tips would be much appreciated!

have you heard back from WS post interview? :smile:
Original post by Defragmentation
That'd be absolutely great!

Original post by futurelawyer10
I think it was £275 a week.

She said that it hasn't been confirmed yet but they will be e-mailing everybody as soon as it is confirmed, and as a guide, it shouldn't be any less than last year's salary (which, as futurelawyer10 pointed out, was £275 p/w).
Reply 4329
Original post by ULawAJ
When did you submit your interview?

I'm applying for other graduate jobs currently, haha, just so I don't spend next year doing nothing!

Would you believe I submitted my interview around Boxing Day? Waited months haha. Did you apply there?

Tell me about it. Seems we have things in common.
Has anyone heard from Watson Farley Williams?
Original post by anon762
have you heard back from WS post interview? :smile:

Sorry can I ask when you were offered an interview?
I am still waiting post application but applied 3 weeks ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by dierks
Would you believe I submitted my interview around Boxing Day? Waited months haha. Did you apply there?

Tell me about it. Seems we have things in common.

Oh wow that's crazy, at least you know they held onto your application for a while instead of straight out rejecting it. I submitted my interview about 3 weeks ago, no idea what sort of response to expect to be honest, just hope it's soon.
Reply 4333
Original post by lawwwwwwwwgal
Has anyone heard from Watson Farley Williams?

They've been having ACs and been giving out offers since mid-Feb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TykeDragon
still nothing from white & case this is crazy, anyone else for white & case?

I got nothing either. Judging by the fact that some people here have had a 'video interview', I'm going to assume we are last hope reserve candidates. Judging by the crushing impersonality of using a video interview to select future employees, and the fact that this clearly means they can't be arsed to actually spend time meeting people, I'm not too upset.
Original post by dierks

If this is what you really want to do, please don't give up!

Original post by hugo grotius
Judging by the crushing impersonality of using a video interview to select future employees, and the fact that this clearly means they can't be arsed to actually spend time meeting people, I'm not too upset.

Preach!
I had an interview at Eversheds Cardiff last Wednesday. Not had a response yet.
Original post by dierks

Really sorry to hear that! I have almost given up hope with Mishcon given that its been so long without hearing anything post-application, but may I ask what kind of questions were in the video interview? Any off the wall ones?

My mum keeps hinting at how attractive a career in grad recruitment would be, but I think I'm too traumatised by the whole process to consider it haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4338
Original post by pink_floyd
Really sorry to hear that! I have almost given up hope with Mishcon given that its been so long without hearing anything post-application, but may I ask what kind of questions were in the video interview? Any off the wall ones?

My mum keeps hinting at how attractive a career in grad recruitment would be, but I think I'm too traumatised by the whole process to consider it haha

I wouldn't give up hope but I would have thought they'd be pretty full up by now.

I'm going to send you a message about the questions, hope that's ok.
(edited 9 years ago)
anything from withers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending