The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

want to send an email to white and case but im concerned as it seems they get annoyed and send pfos in response!! so what do you write? :s-smilie:

would "dear sir/madam, apologies for disturbing you but i submitted a video for the VS and am keen to hear the outcome, by when do you think i will hear about this, thank you for your time etc" be fine do you think?
Reply 4481
Congrats on the offer from bdb! How did they contact you?
Original post by Mk49
Congrats on the offer from bdb! How did they contact you?

I was offered a place over the phone - very out the blue!
Done. 100% rejections, 3 post-interview/AC. Think I can safely say that it's probably time to change career plans. :confused:
Original post by roseh92
Done. 100% rejections, 3 post-interview/AC. Think I can safely say that it's probably time to change career plans. :confused:

Don't give up! The fact you are getting interview and ac offers is an achievement in itself. Keep on working hard and working on interview tips and techniques.
Reply 4485
Original post by MonkeymanC3
Hi there - I have had a really good search on Google, and cannot find anything specific?

Bircham Dyson Bell VS offer! Over the moon!

I suppose ill find out on the workshop thanks for your response
White & Case rejection.
W&C PFO

The end is in sight
Reply 4488
did anyone else get an email from Hill Dickinson to complete a critical thinking test (post video interview)
Original post by AO1694
did anyone else get an email from Hill Dickinson to complete a critical thinking test (post video interview)

I did! I didn't realise this was part of the process so bit of a surprise!
Original post by almvp
I suppose ill find out on the workshop thanks for your response

For sure - congrats on the workshop! I am still to hear, so assuming PFO
Original post by TykeDragon
want to send an email to white and case but im concerned as it seems they get annoyed and send pfos in response!! so what do you write? :s-smilie:

would "dear sir/madam, apologies for disturbing you but i submitted a video for the VS and am keen to hear the outcome, by when do you think i will hear about this, thank you for your time etc" be fine do you think?

If you haven't already sent the email, I'd say you applied for the vac scheme and completed a video interview and were wondering if it would be possible to receive an update on your application. You understand they must be inundated with applications but you wanted to enquire when you would receive an outcome. I wouldn't be really apologetic, I think with this game it's literally a case of que sera sera. I hope it's good news:smile:!
Anyone know how long DWF take to get back with an offer/rejection after video interviews for summer 2015 vac scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reed Smith PFO after 2 months. Jheez
God really, Uh ive only been waiting about 6 weeks 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4495
Original post by Grania
White and Case offer!

Can I just ask if it was by e-mail or a call from a private number?
Original post by sparkykate
Ah sorry to hear that! :frown: Was it post telephone or post face to face?

It was post telephone.. Anyway, I'll try next year! Good luck :smile:
Reply 4497
Original post by Able star
That's true. Do you know whether we're still in the running for 2017 though? From the last line of the email thanking us for our interest in the firm and wishing us all the best in the future, it sounds like a no. But then again the email just referenced the 2015/2016 TC applications.

A couple of days before the deadline, on the Wednesday. You?

Hey from what I know you are still considered for 2017 as the places for 2015/16 are only very limited?! I've got to do the video interview as well and was wondering whether you could give me any tips? Did they ask you particular commercial awareness questions or just generally something you've been following etc? Any advice will be appreciated
Original post by ap28
Would you be able to tell me if it was competency based/about the firm or did they ask commercial questions? Thanks

Hi is the DWF video interview competency based or more why DWF and commercial awareness? So nervous!

Thanks
Any tips for the Bird & Bird insight day?? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending