The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by law2
has anyone heard from Eversheds post face to face interview London?

not yet hoping it will be this week, when was yours?
Reply 4521
Application forms ask for information about your LPC courses. I have some questions about this if anyone can help me out?

Do you list all the courses you have taken so far i.e. including things like interviewing which are just on a competent / not yet competent basis?

I always thought you'd only put your core modules + electives?
Original post by dierks
Application forms ask for information about your LPC courses. I have some questions about this if anyone can help me out?

Do you list all the courses you have taken so far i.e. including things like interviewing which are just on a competent / not yet competent basis?

I'm not sure about this either. I personally didn't in my January applications as there was no option for 'Competent' marks and I hadn't received all my Skills marks back then. No harm in putting them in, but I guessed that they would be interested in the core modules/electives anyway?
Original post by dierks

I've completed the LPC and I only put in my core and electives. When I didn't have any scores yet I just entered my predicted grade overall and that I am currently taking the course :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4524
Original post by LawStudent30
I'm not sure about this either. I personally didn't in my January applications as there was no option for 'Competent' marks and I hadn't received all my Skills marks back then. No harm in putting them in, but I guessed that they would be interested in the core modules/electives anyway?

That's exactly how I've been thinking. I now have a couple of skill marks in percentage mark. They're not bad marks but I believe theyre not really important compared to core practice modules.
Reply 4525
Original post by TrainingChopeful
I've completed the LPC and I only put in my core and electives. When I didn't have any scores yet I just entered my predicted grade overall and that I am currently taking the course :smile:

Thanks, that's a really helpful response.

Does raise another interesting question however. How optimistic should I be when predicting my overall grade? haha.
Original post by dierks
That's exactly how I've been thinking. I now have a couple of skill marks in percentage mark. They're not bad marks but I believe theyre not really important compared to core practice modules.

I wouldn't stress about it! You have to be competent in them all to pass overall anyway don't you? I don't get my results in percentages- just get told whether I am 'competent' or 'not yet competent' which I think reinforces how they aren't very important..
Reply 4527
Original post by dierks

I listed my competency modules (i put 'pass' as my grade instead of competent) and added a sentence explaining that certain modules were assessed on a competent/not yet competent basis and you needed to get at least 50% etc. They usually have a section after the results bit where it asks you for further info so that is where I would add this explanation. I chose to include the skills modules as I personally think its a waste not to put your grades down if you've done the exams and passed, but I doubt it really matters that much if you dont include it
Reply 4528
Original post by ap28
I listed my competency modules (i put 'pass' as my grade instead of competent) and added a sentence explaining that certain modules were assessed on a competent/not yet competent basis and you needed to get at least 50% etc. They usually have a section after the results bit where it asks you for further info so that is where I would add this explanation. I chose to include the skills modules as I personally think its a waste not to put your grades down if you've done the exams and passed, but I doubt it really matters that much if you dont include it

Thanks for telling me :smile:
Original post by dierks
Thanks, that's a really helpful response.

Does raise another interesting question however. How optimistic should I be when predicting my overall grade? haha.

I based it on my mock exams. If you ask your tutor too I'm sure they would help you :smile:
Reply 4530
Anyone know anything about the PwC Legal final stage partner interview? or have any advice on it?
Original post by lyc5060
not yet, I don't know when I'll get that.. which office are you doing the VS at?

Birmingham, how about you?
Original post by almvp
Hey all, Just wondering does Lewis Silkin offer TC's in their Cardiff office?

No, because there is insufficient variety of departments to offer different seats. The Oxford and Cardiff offices both have paralegals, but training contracts are only in London.
Reply 4533
Original post by Crumpet1
No, because there is insufficient variety of departments to offer different seats. The Oxford and Cardiff offices both have paralegals, but training contracts are only in London.

Ok thank you for the info!
Anyone applied for Ward hadaway or heard anything? The application was sent off on 28th January ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Crumpet1

No worries. There may be the ability to qualify into Cardiff after the TC.
Anyone know how long Addleshaw Goddard generally take? Went to an AC on Friday and we were advised it would be that evening or today. Not heard anything yet, worried it's a bad sign.
Original post by TCchaser
Anyone know how long Addleshaw Goddard generally take? Went to an AC on Friday and we were advised it would be that evening or today. Not heard anything yet, worried it's a bad sign.

I didn't hear until the next day at 5.30pm so it could still be good news :smile: good luck!
What are peoples views on delivering applications by hand to a firm? I'm applying to a local firm this week and have been considering this. Would it make me stand out or come across too keen? thanks
Offer from Eversheds Leeds office, over the moon!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending