The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mariemay94
Last Tuesday by phone call!

Oh ok, congrats. I haven't heard back from them yet - I think it's too late for me :/
Post Watson glaser, hill dickinson's response should be fairly swift right? Is that the general consensus of opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Nothing from them yet .....

Me neither :dry:
Original post by sparkykate
Thank you :smile: No, it's telephone interview, then face to face and offer after that. You have to do an AC on the VS to be considered for a TC - sorry about all the abbreviations haha! :smile:

Thanks Kate.
Reply 4584
Original post by kalipso708
Great!! Which day are you going? Also - can't figure out if there's an interview involved or just group exercises, do you have any idea?

Thanks!

I know - I even called to say that I had obviously failed the vid interview so would I still be eligible for the TC in the summer, but was directed to e-mail instead and never did! Phew.

Have only read chambers etc, which seems to indicate no interview, but written, oral and group tests - but no more detail - I guess prepare for everything, and ignore the chance of an interview at your peril! I'll be there on the 23rd. Gulp!
AG offer for Manchester! Delighted. Feeling a tad relieved at my decision to only apply to one firm now.
Reply 4586
Original post by CD2015
Can I just ask if it was by e-mail or a call from a private number?

Email
Original post by Yazooo
Me neither :dry:

I don't know anyone who has heard yet though :smile:
Reply 4588
Hey when was your AC? :smile:
Original post by Sian.
Hey when was your AC? :smile:

It was on Friday :smile:.
Original post by JKRP11
Bit strange to ask, I know, but is it acceptable to turn down an Assessment Centre invitation? I have already accepted a vac scheme offer, and I have to focus on academic stuff right now so don't have time to attend? Is it really rude to say no?

Not at all! Just say you have accepted an offer and even though you thought their firm was really interesting with some awesome work (assuming it was of course), you only have the time to do one and can't turn down a current offer. Congrats on the offer though! :smile:
Has anyone heard from SGH Martineau recently?
Original post by HSpink14
Anyone know how long DWF take to get back with an offer/rejection after video interviews for summer 2015 vac scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends really. Some people are waiting for several weeks, some got a response the day after
Reply 4593
Original post by mrinvinicble
Congratulations! Phone call or email?

It was by telephone for me . Good luck!
Reply 4594
Original post by Jmartin9
Anyone applied for Ward hadaway or heard anything? The application was sent off on 28th January ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not yet. I'm hoping to hear back next week as the acknowledgment email said it would take a month from the deadline.
Original post by footchemllab
x

Bit late, but super congrats on your Bristows TC offer!
Original post by footchemllab
Not at all! Just say you have accepted an offer and even though you thought their firm was really interesting with some awesome work (assuming it was of course), you only have the time to do one and can't turn down a current offer. Congrats on the offer though! :smile:

Thank you ! I just wrote to them, your words were very helpful. Good luck with your applications.
Original post by mdanny288
Has anyone heard from SGH Martineau recently?

Hey I got an email in feb saying they'll get back to us in March but haven't heard anything since have you heard anything yet?
Anyone had an assessment centre with mills and reeve
Yeah, same e-mail in February and dead silence after :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending