The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ruthelizabeth
Does anyone know anything about IM video interviews?? I just got an email about one but all it asks is to download an app, and you can do it at any time which makes me think I won't actually be speaking to a real person?

Just got the same email & thinking the same!! A few of my friends did video interviews last year (for different Firms) and they had automated questions so I'm assuming this will be the same! Had an interview with IM last year but that was telephone!
Original post by liarpoker
Chances are that you can get the answer from TSR in <1 hour instead of 2-3 days or possibly more.

Fair enough!
Anyone heard from CMS, Latham Watkins, Reed Smith or MacFarlanes?
Original post by J-SP
Doesn't matter. Choose something that been difficult for your personally though and focus on what you did rather than the goal itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your help!
Original post by mcrlawstudent
Assessment day invite from Norton Rose Fulbright, at 11pm last night! I wonder what graduate recruitment were doing reviewing applications at that time. :tongue:

Just to tag on to what mrlufc said, just because you only get offered a couple of slots, it doesn't mean they are the only slots left! For example I've only been offered one slot by NRF but I know they're running assessment days up until mid-February (I'm their brand manager). If you e-mail firms they will often be willing to book you in on a day/time that is convenient for both you and them.

Have a good Christmas everybody!

Did you get a VC offer?
Original post by Mashrou3
Anyone still waiting for HSF? ...
Completed verbal + logic tests on the 14th of January ...
gnaa

I completed them on like the 7th of January and still no reply. This is exasperating.
Original post by ScroogeHumbug
So regarding Cleary, I believe those of us selected should hear back this week latest. My understanding is that they run two ACs. One in mid-January and one in early February. So I'm assuming if we do not hear back by Friday, assume a PFO.

It's odd - I haven't come across anybody who's heard back from them.
Original post by ZaraW
Hey, I am the same. Mine changed to interview stage on the 9 Jan and I still haven't got an email about it yet. But I did email Links and they replied by saying that they are still in the process of reviewing other peoples applications and arranging groups for the AC...

Original post by ChoccyWoccy
I checked last week and it hadn't changed - doubt it will have as I haven't been invited to take the WG yet :tongue:

Thanks - guess we just have to sit back and wait then :rolleyes:
Anyone completed the Kennedys telephone interview yet?
Original post by theminimg
Did you get a VC offer?

Haven't had my AC yet, sorry! It's in a couple of weeks.
Bit of an issue with CC - I'm booked onto their assessment day tomorrow, in the initial invitation e-mail they sent a link to do a Watson Glaser which had to be done at any point before midnight the day before, I've just sat down to do it and the link doesn't work! I've tried to call them but nobody is in the office! :eek: Have just had to e-mail them explaining, hopefully this doesn't cause any problems tomorrow.
Original post by thomasllf
Do you know if we will hear back via letter/email/telephone?

My understanding is that they will email you if invited for an AC
Original post by Kidioteque
It's odd - I haven't come across anybody who's heard back from them.

Same. However I have scoured their website and the internet in general and all sources say both assessment days are in mid January and early February. I remember one person on this thread had got a PFO from them by post.

"We run two open day assessment programmes (one in mid-January before the 28 January deadline; one in early February) in order to select 30–36 vacation scheme students."

<
https://targetjobs.co.uk/career-sectors/law-solicitors/313093-five-minutes-with-nichola-rowe-hr-manager-at-cleary-gottlieb>
(edited 9 years ago)
Email becky j, she carries a blackberry :smile: they screw up emails all the time dnt wrry. Focus on AC. Case studies are on whether firm should takenon a client, so general understanding of how law firm works is a must.
Bit of an issue with CC - I'm booked onto their assessment day tomorrow, in the initial invitation e-mail they sent a link to do a Watson Glaser which had to be done at any point before midnight the day before, I've just sat down to do it and the link doesn't work! I've tried to call them but nobody is in the office! :eek: Have just had to e-mail them explaining, hopefully this doesn't cause any problems tomorrow.

Same here, the link says it has expired?!
Original post by STheBlondie

Well, at least it's not just one of us that is having a problem. I imagine everyone will be facing the issue.
Original post by STheBlondie

This was meant as a reply to your question:

"Email becky j, she carries a blackberry they screw up emails all the time dnt wrry. Focus on AC. Case studies are on whether firm should takenon a client, so general understanding of how law firm works is a must."
Well, at least it's not just one of us that is having a problem. I imagine everyone will be facing the issue.

I just tried the link again and its working now I think
Original post by ruthelizabeth
Does anyone know anything about IM video interviews?? I just got an email about one but all it asks is to download an app, and you can do it at any time which makes me think I won't actually be speaking to a real person?

Original post by LawStudent30
Just got the same email & thinking the same!! A few of my friends did video interviews last year (for different Firms) and they had automated questions so I'm assuming this will be the same! Had an interview with IM last year but that was telephone!

I got an email as well. So will our answers be recorded and then sent to the graduate recruitment team? That is strange. It's hard to come across enthusiastic when you're talking to yourself lol :tongue:
so how do video interviews work?? they give you a couple of questions to prepare for and then you can record it whenever you feel ready, have multiple takes etc...? or are you not given the questions and have one attempt - ie so the questions will pop up on some app as if someone was asking you on the spot?? so confused - at first i thought video interview would mean webcamming with HR! :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending