Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! So you have to take my partners income into account as we have been living together for nearly two years and you will base my entitlement on his earnings including benefits inkind. As far as I'm aware, if his kids lived with us you would also take that into consideration, but because his kids live with their mom, they don't get taken into consideration? We pay over £8500 a year in maintenance... :eek:
    I hope I'm missing something, as it doesn't make sense that you will take his income but not his parental responsibilities into account.

Please advise how I get this sorted.
    :confused:
    thanks !!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

We recommend your partner calls us on 0300 100 0607. This will allow us to take some further information regarding the maintenance payments he makes, and if we can take this into account when calculating the level of student finance available to you.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I did. They said " you would be better off if you were not together "....

I have put his kids down as financially dependant, because they are.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.