Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, does anyone know any good books thought to be essential for preparing to study a history degree at university? I'd like to read some during my last year in sixth form.
neal95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
War and peace. That is all.
Airmed
Rep:
?
(Original post by neal95)
War and peace. That is all.
I think I read that back in 4th year, and although I can't remember much, I do remember the feeling of hating it.
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CescaD96)
I think I read that back in 4th year, and although I can't remember much, I do remember the feeling of hating it.
Haha, that appears to be an accurate summary of my feelings also :P on a serious note, perhaps find a period of history you find interesting and go to your local library and read them, getting used to the manner the information is presented in etc, also familiarise yourself with primary sources revisionist post revisionist historians etc
Airmed
Rep:
?
Haha, that appears to be an accurate summary of my feelings also :P on a serious note, perhaps find a period of history you find interesting and go to your local library and read them, getting used to the manner the information is presented in etc, also familiarise yourself with primary sources revisionist post revisionist historians etc
thank you I know my favourite period of history (either Tudor or Ireland's delightful rebellions from 1798) but my local library is pretty crap on those two periods. It's such a hassle
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
thank you I know my favourite period of history (either Tudor or Ireland's delightful rebellions from 1798) but my local library is pretty crap on those two periods. It's such a hassle
Check out the used section on amazon marketplace for books. Most if the time you can pick up any book for 1P plus the cost of delivery, so I find that it is a great way of buying books to read, especially over the summer whilst I await a reading list and prepare for my university degree
Airmed
Rep:
?
Check out the used section on amazon marketplace for books. Most if the time you can pick up any book for 1P plus the cost of delivery, so I find that it is a great way of buying books to read, especially over the summer whilst I await a reading list and prepare for my university degree
I just ordered the "Studying History" book TSR recommend on their history page today, but I'll definitely do that!
Where are you going to study? Is it history? (Stupid question I know.)
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just ordered the "Studying History" book TSR recommend on their history page today, but I'll definitely do that!
Where are you going to study? Is it history? (Stupid question I know.)
Awesome, I hope you find it of interest and I'm going to study LLB Law but I took history at A level so am still quite interested in the subject as a lot of the skills required are similar. I'm going to the university of liverpool to study, how about yourself?
Airmed
Rep:
?
Awesome, I hope you find it of interest and I'm going to study LLB Law but I took history at A level so am still quite interested in the subject as a lot of the skills required are similar. I'm going to the university of liverpool to study, how about yourself?
Well I'm waiting for my AS results in August, and then I'm definitely applying for history with either politics or archaeology. Definitely at York
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well I'm waiting for my AS results in August, and then I'm definitely applying for history with either politics or archaeology. Definitely at York
Wow York is a really nice historic city some great buildings and architecture, well done! What is the entry requirements or your course?
Airmed
Rep:
?
Wow York is a really nice historic city some great buildings and architecture, well done! What is the entry requirements or your course?
I need 3A. Luckily, I'm predicted 4A
exhistorystudent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.amazon.co.uk/What-History...5270064&sr=1-1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (10)
22.22%
No (35)
77.78%

Watched Threads