Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm starting middlesex university in September. I'm going to be studying fashion design. I applied for halls but I've now been told I'm too close to be accepted as I live too close (even though it takes 2hrs for me to travel there) I wondered if anyone else was in the same situation and if anyone wanted to do a house share with me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heyy, I am hoping to start Middlesex this September. I was told i was not able to apply for accommodation until my offer is made unconditional. Is that what you found? Thats really strange that they have said you would not be accepted for halls...2 hours away isnt exactly close! Have you started looking for places to live? What is pricing looking like? I really need to start!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, yeah I got told that too, but I just happened to log on to the accommodation and it let me apply for halls. Yeah I so frustrated that they've said I'm too close! I have started looking and there are 2 bedroom accommodations right by the uni and it's around £200 per week including bills per person. I can't find anywhere for just 1 person to stay. That's why I'm looking for someone to share with me. Where are you moving from? And what course have to applies for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Olivia, I live in a house share with 3 other Middlesex photography third years and we're looking for one more for our double room! Here's the ad on gumtree if you're interested: http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-house...ral/1073051094

Please give me a call, it's £510 a month so much less than what you were looking at and we're nice!!

Thanks,
    Amy

(Original post by Oliviatill)
    Hi, yeah I got told that too, but I just happened to log on to the accommodation and it let me apply for halls. Yeah I so frustrated that they've said I'm too close! I have started looking and there are 2 bedroom accommodations right by the uni and it's around £200 per week including bills per person. I can't find anywhere for just 1 person to stay. That's why I'm looking for someone to share with me. Where are you moving from? And what course have to applies for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.