Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know, this post has been done over and over again by various individuals.
    Student Room is the last resource for me, but everything else seems to really sugarcoat some vital information, and so, here I am...asking for your honest advice.
    Honest advice, please.
    I am potentially going for a degree in MEDICINE.
    My GCSE grades vary a lot B's to A*'s
    However, I am predicted high for my A Level grades as I have really pushed myself this year - I am yet to receive my AS Grades.

From the little information you have received about me, what do you think? Am I Good Enough For Medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Without your AS grades we cant really say, obviously if you think you've done as well as you have then would say so.

your GCSES aren't going to make an impact on what you get for your a levels too much, for instance I ended up only doing one a level off of the same gcse grade range.

have confidence in your work, take pride in it (but not boastful) and work hard! that's what its going to take!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoughWritings)
    I know, this post has been done over and over again by various individuals.
    Student Room is the last resource for me, but everything else seems to really sugarcoat some vital information, and so, here I am...asking for your honest advice.
    Honest advice, please.
    I am potentially going for a degree in MEDICINE.
    My GCSE grades vary a lot B's to A*'s
    However, I am predicted high for my A Level grades as I have really pushed myself this year - I am yet to receive my AS Grades.

From the little information you have received about me, what do you think? Am I Good Enough For Medicine?
    By 'predicted high' do you mean 4As at As?

Because that's pretty much going to be necessary. The grades are just one side of it though, you also need to get good work experience and do well on the entry tests (UKCAT/BMAT).

Whichever angle you look best from, pick unis that concentrate on that one. So not ones that look at GCSEs, probably.

EDIT: If the intention of this thread was: "Am I physically smart enough?" then the answer is probably yes, but GCSEs are not a good enough indicator.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.