Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

So two days ago my Diva Cup arrived in the post just in time for me period. YAY..

I feel that my cup sits fairly high. The stem of the cup is inside my vagina and I have to pull the cup from the stem in order to reach to break to seal.

If I have the cup lower like I think is suggested, it makes me feel like I need to pee all the time.

I opted for the Diva Cup as I have a heavy flow. I also know it is one of the longest cups so I should definitely not be having trouble reaching it.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Just curious, why have you chosen menstrual cups over tampons and pads? Most females feel discomfort with menstrual cups at first, it takes a while to get used to. Others find that the discomfort is always there, since it's essentially stretching your vagina.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petulia)
    Just curious, why have you chosen menstrual cups over tampons and pads? Most females feel discomfort with menstrual cups at first, it takes a while to get used to. Others find that the discomfort is always there, since it's essentially stretching your vagina.
    They're cleaner, hold more liquid, which is a godsend if you do have a particularly heavy period, don't give you TSS.

@OP, if your cup naturally wiggles itself quite high, and it doesn't leak/ cause you pain, then that's completely fine too. I have a meluna, and I do have to grab the stem to get mine out as well.

ReputationRep:
    I have such a heavy flow that i have to use both tampons and towels together. The main problem for me was going out with a handbag packed with sanitary products. I would also have to cut a night short if i started to run low. At lease the cup never runs out and doesnt take up much space in a handbag when you arent using it. Its no more/less comfortable than tampons to me.

Thanks. I'm def getting the hang of it. Havent had the confidence to sleep with my cup in yet. Too worried that it will disappear in the night (which is i know if virtually impossible). Wearing pads as well in case of leak but so far had no trouble.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    The stem (if you choose to have one) should sit inside your vagina. None of the cup should be outside - if it is you'll definitely get leaks.

ReputationRep:
    I actually find menstrual cups more comfortable than tampons and sanitary towels; when I used to use them I was always able to feel them yet with a menstrual cup its like theres nothing there. Ive also found that menstrual cups leak less than towels and tampons do.

@OP: Yes thats normal. I have a femmecup and I have to reach up to remove it too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.