Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a question for guys on TSR. How well do you think you'd hold up in a fight? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Saw a post on TSR recently from a guy who said he got into a fight on a night out, and got arrested as a result. I know that most people would say that isn't something to be proud of - it probably isn't. Despite that, I actually respect the guy for defending himself. To be honest, I can barely throw a punch, and I'm quite sure I wouldn't be able to take one. The one "fighting art" that I know is one that's been passed down through my family for generations - it's called running the **** away. I think I'm just lucky that I've never really been in a situation where I've needed to fight. I was wondering if any of you guys have been in any situations where things have ended up getting physical? Did you get into trouble or anything?

ReputationRep:
    Most of us are black belt keyboard warriors.

ReputationRep:
    As an ex boxer I'd be alright although I never look for a fight as if it went to court given my background I'd be screwed unless it was proven self defense.

ReputationRep:
    No idea, never needed to fight. These days if someone's willing to fight you in public chances are they have a knife/offensive weapon so it's better to simply run away. The stories you hear of people seem to indicate that if someone's willing to fight you, they'll do enough damage to land you in hospital or dead before backing down.

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to fighting I follow the wise words of Jeremy Clarkson:

"I prefer passive resistance, and if that doesn't work, active fleeing"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I lift.

I've had many fights and if a dude tried to mess, he gonna get his nose plastered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would like to think I could take them out butI guess most people think that? But I would most definitely not run away if I was in that situation.

ReputationRep:
    Depends, some people are adept at making weapons out of most objects. I'm not sure how good muscle is when you're being carved like a turkey.

ReputationRep:
    I've been blessed with swift legs :cool:

Yup if I'm outnumbered or numbered I'm def running away till the cows come home

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Violence is a horrible thing. I've been in too many fights in my life and would love to never be in one for the rest of my life that wasn't friendly contest.

The truth is, up to a certain point between muscle builds, there will always be one person who is willing to take it that step too far. That person will win. It might be biting an ear off, it might be a thumb in the eye, or it could be finding a weapon. But there will always be one person that will take it too far, and there are probably a few of those on TSR like there are in most places where humans congregate. It's not a good thing. :indiff:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't fight. I'd just get to the position to restrain them.

ReputationRep:
    I use to get in to a lot of fights when I was younger up until age 17/18. I would like to think I could handle myself with someone of equal size or just bigger. But it really depends upon the situation.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly muscley but when against a big group, or weapons it's obviously going to be a lot harder
    anyway I've had my fair amount of fights in the past (especially with brother) and know how to defend my self anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    Depends, some people are adept at making weapons out of most objects. I'm not sure how good muscle is when you're being carved like a turkey.
    "Hold on while I Ray Mears this can of coke into a machete"

... :erm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    yes I did use "Ray Mears" as a verb

ReputationRep:
    I'm the dogs *******s.

ReputationRep:
    If I got into a fight I'm pretty sure I'd win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holby_fanatic)
    If I got onto a fight I'm pretty sure I'd win.
    Girls cannot fight

ReputationRep:
    im the motherucking train, I would smash stamp and steam roll the **** out of any man woman child beast or creature of god that tried to beat me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Girls cannot fight
    Ahahahaha, ok then.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Pretty badly, unless I get the first hit in which case I'd probably aim to break a knee and run away

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.