Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I currently have a £1000 overdraft with RBS (the most they would give me in first year). I completely screwed up my my finance though and burnt through it all, leaving me with nothing for the moment. i urgently need extra cash to pay off some bills, and was wondering about increasing my overdraft. It says that i can get it increased to £1250 in second year. Is there a specific date for when they count second year as having started? Can i apply for the increase now that i have finished first year or do i need to wait until september?

ReputationRep:
    Decided i would try and just go for it and see what happens. Applied online for an increase yesterday, just received a text saying that they are unable to complete my application as they require further information from me and that i should phone them. I really hate dealing with stuff over the phone, am i actually likely to get the increase by phoning or does this mean my request was denied?

ReputationRep:
    I tried increasing my Natwest one before via the phone and I got declined, the next university year starts in September, you can't increase it until you are officially in 3rd year not in the gap between 2nd and 3rd

ReputationRep:
    When you started it? Actually there is no counting from your date of opening. Every financial year is start with April month and you have to wait till then. you have to wait until your second year have completed.

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at ZakBank - looks like they are linked to a Credit Union and can offer loan facilities - instead of 'free overdrafts' that just pull you deeper into a hole.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.