Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Applied after a gap year and got unconditional offers from both Nottingham and QMUL, now I'm just confused about which one to go for. Help!

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Have you visited both? What did you think of each? What are your long-term goals?

In terms of reputation, both are comparable, in terms of employment and quality of departments. (QMUL is much stronger in econometrics/finance, whereas Nottingham is more focused on behavioural/experimental.)

Overall I'd say it boils down to the location - London vs. Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    Have you visited both? What did you think of each? What are your long-term goals?

In terms of reputation, both are comparable, in terms of employment and quality of departments. (QMUL is much stronger in econometrics/finance, whereas Nottingham is more focused on behavioural/experimental.)

Overall I'd say it boils down to the location - London vs. Nottingham.
    That's the thing actually. I'm an international student so I can't really visit either of them. My course in Nottingham is Economics and International Economics and in QMUL, it's Economics and Finance. I'm really drawn to London cause I've visited a couple of times and am very familiar but I've heard Nottingham is more attractive to employers especially for economics so I don't really know what to go for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABF3)
    Hey guys. Applied after a gap year and got unconditional offers from both Nottingham and QMUL, now I'm just confused about which one to go for. Help!
    if cost of living will be an issue then i'd suggest nottingham cos it'll be considerably cheaper than london. I visited QMUL and nottingham and both are lovely and personally i preferred nottingham to london but thats my own personal preference

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.