Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brazil vs Colombia QF discussion Watch

ReputationRep:
    Predictions? Have it on 2-1 to Brazil, Neymar to score

Hopefully a lot more entertaining than the last game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Predictions? Have it on 2-1 to Brazil, Neymar to score

Hopefully a lot more entertaining than the last game.
    I'm gonna put £50 on Colombia 2-1 Rodriguez last scorer.. 130/1 :colone:

Come on Colombia!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could be a monumental upset. The Colombian midfield can run them ragged.

ReputationRep:
    Colombia really go for it. Though Brazil 3 - 2 Colombia

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Colombia to win................. i hope.

ReputationRep:
    rodriguez hat trick to win it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Columbia really go for it. Though Brazil 3 - 2 Columbia

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Columbia isn't playing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to this.

Suprised to see Maicon starting for Brazil, wtf? That can't be the same full back who's been past it for years?

#BRA LINE-UP: Julio Cesar, Thiago Silva (c), David Luiz, Fernandinho, Marcelo, Hulk, Paulinho, Fred, Neymar, Oscar, Maicon
    #COL LINE-UP: Ospina, Zapata, Yepes (c), Sanchez, Armero, Gutierrez, Rodriguez, Cuadrado, Guarin, Ibarbo, Zuniga

(Original post by Last Day Lepers)
    Columbia isn't playing.
    *aren't playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Looking forward to this.

Suprised to see Maicon starting for Brazil, wtf? That can't be the same full back who's been past it for years?

#BRA LINE-UP: Julio Cesar, Thiago Silva (c), David Luiz, Fernandinho, Marcelo, Hulk, Paulinho, Fred, Neymar, Oscar, Maicon
    #COL LINE-UP: Ospina, Zapata, Yepes (c), Sanchez, Armero, Gutierrez, Rodriguez, Cuadrado, Guarin, Ibarbo, Zuniga

*aren't playing.

*isn't playing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Maicon had a great season at Roma last campaign and would probably offer more defensively than Dani Alves.

ReputationRep:
    Columbia isn't playing.
    We're in England, so Columbia is correct. The same way we don't say España.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    We're in England, so 'Columbia' is correct. The same way we don't say 'España'.

No it's not, Colombia is the name of the country full stop. Columbia is not the English spelling of the country Colombia, it is the name of a few places in the USA.

I lived with a Colombian in first year of Uni and we had this same argument, but apparently Columbia is completely wrong and offensive to Colombians.

Plus if you google it, every website from wiki to fifa to the bbc and itv call it Colombia not Columbia.

ReputationRep:
    Brazilians are not feeling quite optimistic about this match... Colombia 3 x 1 Brazil, I think.

ReputationRep:
    No it's not, Colombia is the name of the country full stop. Columbia is not the English spelling of the country Colombia, it is the name of a few places in the USA.

I lived with a Colombian in first year of Uni and we had this same argument, but apparently Columbia is completely wrong and offensive to Colombians.

Plus if you google it, every website from wiki to fifa to the bbc and itv call it Colombia not Columbia.
    lol well don't I look silly

ReputationRep:
    3-1 Brazil.

Marcelo to score and be MOTM.

Neymar with the other 2 goals and James for Colombia.

ReputationRep:
    Neymar to get a stylish yellow card for a dive

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Although Colombia is playing really really well, i'll have to go with Brazil - Colombia 2:1
    But i'm prepared to witness a colossal upset

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    lol well don't I look silly
    It's not School so it matters not. A forum is not a place to be pedantic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedArrow)
    Neymar to get a stylish yellow card for a dive

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh I'm not sure they're going to book anyone for diving at this WC (despite it being featured in every game so far), unbelievable really, they've been lenient on cards in general this tournament. I often wonder whether FIFA actually give a **** about their fair play slogan.

ReputationRep:
    2:0 Colombia

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.