Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just finished my A-levels exams. I study French, Spanish and Biology and haven't applied for university for 2014 mainly due to the fact that I've never had an idea about what to read there. I have become quite interested in Nutrition recently. I have checked entry requirements for some unis such as Nottingham, Leeds and Kings where they the state that at least two sciences are required (as above, I only do one). Do you think they would make any exceptions, or are the stated entry requirements a definite, intransigent set of guidelines on who to consider?

Your help is very much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hello there
    If you are very unsure and desperately want to attend one of the mentioned universities, then you could always try to phone the university up and see what they can do for you

Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I looked at the course pages for Nottingham, Leeds and KCL - it doesn't look like they would consider an application from someone with one science at A-level. Perhaps consider going to college and doing an A-level in another science - KCL requires Chemistry. I doubt that they would make an exception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d.hunter)
    I have just finished my A-levels exams. I study French, Spanish and Biology and haven't applied for university for 2014 mainly due to the fact that I've never had an idea about what to read there. I have become quite interested in Nutrition recently. I have checked entry requirements for some unis such as Nottingham, Leeds and Kings where they the state that at least two sciences are required (as above, I only do one). Do you think they would make any exceptions, or are the stated entry requirements a definite, intransigent set of guidelines on who to consider?

Your help is very much appreciated
    So far my experience has taught me that the criteria is black and white. You either have it and your considered or you don't and your not accepted, unless you have other 'equivalent' qualifications.

Saying that, I'm hoping to get into nursing which is hugely over subscribed, so they can pick and choose.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.