The Student Room Group

Wierd Job interview (Scared)

So this summer, i'd like a full time job and after countless applications for positions i finally received an invite for an interview. I had a fair amount to drink the night before, but this has never stopped me before and still it will not. I prepared very much and smashed the answers like they were watermelons hitting the wall. I also made a fair few jokes where the interviewee was laughing a extreme amount. We hit it off and she was saying stuff like "will you be available for monday?" or " which shifts can you work" and "you will receive and answer today or monday" and i was relaxed etc. After i thought i did really well but now im having second thoughts that i actually didn't. I still haven't recieved anything and the interview was yesterday. I actually want to work at this place. After i sent a follow up email and have not recieved an acknowledgement. Is there anything else i can do? she seemed to be really impressed by even saying that there are 40 applicants, but "don't worry" there will be more than 1 job. wierdly enough, i'm more scared that i prepared so much for this interview and it might not have gone so well. Is there anything else i can do?
You just wait; most companies don't get back to you after a day, even if they liked you. They have hoops to jump through to look over everyone's applications and interviews again, approve everything with their seniors, decide on whether your shift availability is right for them, etc. Just wait a few days and see what happens. It's not going to go down well if you keep bugging them with emails about whether you got it or not, as they most likely don't know themselves who they're giving jobs to yet.

Quick Reply

Latest