Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for a P.e Teaching assistant apprenticeship and have come across a question that i'm not too sure about how to answer. the question is How will you support the school's sports coach in delivering quality sports provision?

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help and look forward to hearing from you.

ReputationRep:
    My daughter has worked as a Sports Coach this year ( she starts a PGCE shortly), one of the TA's has given her support over the year. I know he has gone with her when they have attended sports competitions at other schools. I would think he's helped with safeguarding, there if there's any injuries (daughter's a First Aider) so he would watch the children if she had to attend to any problems. I would say something about motivating and encouraging the children, promoting sports events, and lunch/after school clubs, encouraging children who don't attend any lunch/after school clubs and offering to help at them. Mention checking equipment and the environment before the start of any sporting activity and also mention any sport your particularly interested in and how you would be particularly interested in helping in any way with that sport. It's important to mention inclusion, making sure everyone is included in the sports session, no one is left out. Helping with anyone who is struggling, maybe in small groups or one to one. There will be SEN's who will need extra help, so you could support them. Offer administration help with putting posters up, distributing newsletters, photocopying etc which advertise sporting events. I'd say you are interested in taking sports coaching qualifications and a first aid qualification if they were available to you. I hope this helps.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.