Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, so I'm currently in year 12 and I now have to pick a subject that I want to drop for A2. I'm currently studying Art, Maths, Physics and BTEC IT. I know the obvious choice to drop is IT but in terms of how confident I feel about by results, Physics is probably the one I'm least confident about.

So do you guys have any opinion? Do you think I should continue in to dropping IT and hope for the best for Physics or do you know any universities that will accept 2 A Levels and a BTEC Diploma? because I know UCL and Bath definitely don't accept btecs...Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    hiya, sorry this isn't a reply to your question but I was just wondering how you found art as an alevel as it's one I'm taking next year? Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Moved to the architecture section for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sgic31)
    Hi guys, so I'm currently in year 12 and I now have to pick a subject that I want to drop for A2. I'm currently studying Art, Maths, Physics and BTEC IT. I know the obvious choice to drop is IT but in terms of how confident I feel about by results, Physics is probably the one I'm least confident about.

So do you guys have any opinion? Do you think I should continue in to dropping IT and hope for the best for Physics or do you know any universities that will accept 2 A Levels and a BTEC Diploma? because I know UCL and Bath definitely don't accept btecs...Thank you.
    If you don't know for certain what your results are, then you may as well at least wait before you rush into making any decisions. you're right in thinking that a lot of the top schools won't accept btecs, but it's probably worth contacting a few you were thinking of applying to, just to check I don't know what you're assuming you'll get for physics, but there are schools making lower offers out there, so don't despair! and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gillss)
    hiya, sorry this isn't a reply to your question but I was just wondering how you found art as an alevel as it's one I'm taking next year? Thank you!
    Hi! It's really good actually, well for me anyway. Actually, at the start of the year, I did Graphics after having done gcse art, I thought I wanted to take the graphics route but as it turns out, I am more of an artist! AS Art definitely helped me develop skills such as working on a large scale (A2 and A1 pieces throughout the year for me! apart from A4 sketchbook work of course) and different painting techniques. I don't know how your college/sixth form runs AS level art lessons but for us, teachers set a theme for us so we can't independently choose what we want - although you do get to do this for A2. Since you finish early, you'll also start doing A2 Art which is what I'm doing now and I must say that I'm loving it. You get to do whatever you want for the first half of your A2 course and you get to work on this until you get your exam topics. Independence in art was really something I looked forward to since we always got set themes for AS. Doing an independent project means you're going to look for artists on your own and do research on them.
    As far as sketchbook work goes, during AS we were told that AS Art is more of how you are able to interpret an artist's work onto yours and develop their style into your own whereas at A2, you're more independent and get to treat your sketchbook more like a scrapbook of ideas because you'll mostly be doing pieces on big sheets of A1 or A2, idk. Overall, I highly recommend it especially if you're creative and want to enhance that side of you. You will need a lot of patience and take some of your free time to come back and do more work but it'll all be worth it in the end! Also, don't be afraid to make mistakes and how pages in your sketchbook aren't how you want them to be because examiners like to see progress. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham trent university. Exceptional.

Hopefully I shall be going there this September (to study architecture)with 2a levels graphics and art and a BTec in 3d design

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.