The Student Room Group

student loans????

Hi... I have filled out my student loan forms (HE1 and HE2) and have recieved those 3 white forms from the student loan company themselves. One belongs to you, one is sent back to the student loan company (in scotland) and the other goes to your uni. Has anyone recieved this yet??

Well, i have recieved it and guess what the maximum amount of loan i am allowed to take out...?????? £ 0 !!!!!!!!!!!!! thats right, zero!!!!!!

they have f***** up my form!!!! how can someone living away from home, with a parent that earns under £30K and has a brother that is still in secondary school get £0 ??? i'm gonna have to ring them up and see what the problem is... If the student loan company also has 0 on their records, i'm gonna have to fork out £15K for my whole 3 years :frown:
Reply 1
Hmm, there's definately something wrong there. Contact them and ask them to recheck. Give them some attitude too, for the fun of it.
Reply 2
It's definitely wrong, because the minimum that you can get is £3000. If you're Richard Branson's only son, you still can get a £3000 loan
Reply 3
There was multiple sheets in the letter, you may have read it wrong.
Reply 4
umm.. it does seem a bit rude..
at least you've filled out the form..i'm still to scared to fill it in .. theres about 50 bloody pages in all...ugh
i sent he2 in months ago and still aint had anyhting back???

ops should i b worried???

love Katy ***
Reply 6
i havent heard anything either
Reply 7
no, i only got mine through the other day, so did most the other surrey ppl. It prob depends where u live. I think uve read it wrong, uve been means tested and ure families annual income is above the limit. That zero mean ure gonna get 0 extra ontop of ure 3000. Have a look again, unless of course it is wrong! but the min u can possibly get is 3000.
going to say same things, £3000 is minimum. Check, it might say only £0 for the means assesed loan, mine does cos my parents work. I also hav a brother at secondary school. But I will get the basic £3000. Please post updates!
How long is the process taking, between sending off the form, and getting back the one that says what your entitlement is ?
i sent he1 in on march 4th, he2 in april, and aint heard anything since.

love Katy ***
Reply 11
yeah thats normal, u should get it in the next week or two, depending on where u live

Latest

Trending

Trending