Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Partying Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is partying in the Uk as crazy as those in the US.
    I'm just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean by that

ReputationRep:
    I assume he's talking about the frat-house style keggers one see's in movies.

ReputationRep:
    yer they are over exaggerated to make the film entreating. people might get really drunk and do slightly silly things but Animal house and bad neighbors are hardly fly on the wall documentary's. look at this to see some vaguely realistic storeys http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1740972

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doom_rever)
    I assume he's talking about the frat-house style keggers one see's in movies.
    Yep those pool party in spring breaks that you have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilsoncw1997)
    Yep those pool party in spring breaks that you have.
    Well I'm from Ireland so if we had a pool party during spring break you'd have more cases of hypothermia than during the sinking of the Titanic. I'm assuming college partys in the UK are the same as here in Ireland everyone gets completly rat-arsed drunk and goes and steals a few traffic signs and cones. That's pretty much it.... all terribly fun though.

ReputationRep:
    Films and TV tend to give an inaccurate picture of partying. Yes, people get too drunk. Yes, sometimes a girl will take her top off. Yes, sometimes the police will come. But by large most parties consists of people standing around getting drunk, and then chatting absolute nonsense to each other, some people will start dancing, someone will start crying, someone will disappear, some couple will sneak off somewhere, and then it will be time to go home or crash on the sofa/floor.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.