Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi....Guys
    I am currently doing my PhD in Engineering Project Management. The point is I have to attend an academic conference in the US (Colorado) early next month. However over the last two to three days, just heard about the news on security concern, tightening it up against a rumor about Al-qui-da planing to bring down the flight, UK - US route in particular. It might seem ridiculous to get worry. But to be honest , I am really worried about it.

What should I do? my conference paper is accepted and expected to present at the conference. My uni has already paid everything. But I am now reluctant to risk myself.

Please suggest me ....

ReputationRep:
    I get that you're worried, I would be too, I've never been on a plane so that would make it worse for me. However, it's just a part of life that you could be anywhere and something bad could happen.

In my opinion if you don't go then the people who do these things have won.

Also good luck with your speech!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.