Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you could write a letter to yourself five years in the past, what would it say? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title says.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Study.

ReputationRep:
    try harder

ReputationRep:
    Mine would be:
    -it's okay to love and be hurt. That's how you'll learn.
    -it's okay to miss grades. It's not the end of the world
    -the pain will eventually stop
    -friends aren't forever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People opinions of you do not matter. Be yourself. Try your hardest. Wear blue glasses to read! Don't stress yourself out. Anyone who doesn't have time for you isn't worth your time.

ReputationRep:
    Don't argue with people you love over silly things, because one day they might not be there.

ReputationRep:
    Screw your head on a do it fast, stop chasing after things that aren't important. Stop believing there's a different way that's somehow going to work. Don't worry so much about the petty things, about impressions and all that jazz; try and keep better contact with your mates right now - you're going to drift apart if you don't. Just stop being a cloud-cuckoo land moron and think about the long term effects of every decision you make in the next few years. Keep up playing the keyboard, you never know you might discover the joy of it much earlier than I did. Oh and one last thing, jump on that Breaking Bandwagon a hell of a lot earlier, it's the best thing since you (probably quite recently) discovered the joy of fondling yourself.

ReputationRep:
    -Work harder.
    -Stop going out with dumb boys with no ambition.
    -Trust your gut instincts more.

ReputationRep:
    bump

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are an idiot, a loser and a failure. Stop wasting time and work harder. You want to achieve success but you don't work for it. You need to change your mentality, your entire way of thinking and living is flawed and must change. You know exactly what you have to do, so do it. There shouldn't be any doubt about that. Don't neglect your duties and responsibilities. Keep a level head and don't go crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Don't lie or try to impress people who already love you the way you are. It will only result in you losing them for good.

ReputationRep:
    I'd give myself hope for the future because I was badly bullied in primary and secondary school for my ethnic background and disabilities:

-Study harder
    -Don't worry, you'll get into that boarding school for the deaf that you always wanted to get into
    -Stop trying to hide your Asperger's. It is a part of you
    -Don't let the bullies get to you
    -Don't hate your Chinese features and wishing that you look more European
    -The pain will stop someday, I promise

ReputationRep:
    Keep being awesome :P
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Okay, maybe not...but something like that...

ReputationRep:
    I'm unsure. Perhaps:

-don't take any drugs/alcohol
    -see a psychiatrist
    -don't worry so much
    -don't go to uni

ReputationRep:
    Don't mastebate so hard.

ReputationRep:
    - Don't opt for being an English language assistant on your year abroad. You will ****ing hate it and teachers are ********s.
    - Don't spend so much money on said year abroad. You'll wish you still had it later.
    - Don't spend the whole year in Germany on your year abroad.
    - Take some ****ing iron or nearly an entire year will go down the toilet due to constant debilitating fatigue.

Though if that year had been different, I likely would not be with my partner now. So you win some, you lose some.

- When you do A-level Maths, spend more than just 24 hours on C4. Turns out that grade will count.
    - Sign up for Danish lessons when you first get offered them. That way you might not wuss out of turning up to an exam that may have been the key to your desired career.
    - Don't feel obligated to speak Danish all the time just because you can and feel like you have something to prove. You come off more like yourself in English and don't feel like such a two dimensional idiot.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't get better; get out while you still can. I forgive you.

ReputationRep:
    bump

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Buy as many bitcoins as you can..

ReputationRep:
    Right, you've been in your retail job for 18 months now. Get out now. Go back to college to do A-levels NOW. Don't waste nearly five years doing this job because it will lead to absolutely squat, the management training will be pointless and at the end you'll be on the verge of depression. Your A-levels will be worth it, trust me. Oh, and look at microbiology. You've never heard of it but have a look.

And that long-distance relationship will be sweet for a while but it ends badly. Up to you whether you want to carry it on, just a warning.

Oh yeah. Dad remarries in 2012 (you haven't met her yet, neither has he at this point, haha) and your biological sister moves out. Things get a hell of a lot better from there on. Hang in there. You won't really see or speak to her much at all after that but you will be a lot happier without her around. And you'll finally own cats (which is awesome).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.