The Student Room Group

I got chased last night and now I am scared... :(

I started a gymnastics class last night and it is from 8:30-10:30pm at night and the class is about an hour on the bus away from my house. Well last night when I got back (off the bus) it was about midnight and this man started following me so I ran and I thought he had gone but then I saw him and he stared straight at me and said something like roar. I was so scared and ran as quick as I could as I was thankfully on my street. I was so scared that I was going to get killed or something.

I really don't know what to do. I loved the class and I really want to go back but what if it happens again? I have to get the bus I as I won't be able to afford taxis twice a week when they're about £15 and I have to pay for the classes too. I'm not scared of getting the bus but I am now really scared of walking home when I get off... It is only a 5 minute walk and my street is usually pretty safe so I thought it would be fine but I can now see that it is not. If it was earlier I could probably even knock on someone's door and ask for help but I couldn't do that at that time. What should I do? I really don't want to give up my classes but I am scared.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ahh that would put me off too :frown: I understand that must have been a bit frightening.

Can you not think of any friends who'd be up for going with you?

Times like this I wonder if carrying one of those rape whistles may help.
Is there a friend that you could go gymnastics with? Or ask someone to go with you to the classes?
You could try and go to an earlier class if available, but if you live in a safe place then maybe you can count it out as a one off thing...
Reply 3
Original post by TolerantBeing
Ahh that would put me off too :frown: I understand that must have been a bit frightening.

Can you not think of any friends who'd be up for going with you?

Times like this I wonder if carrying one of those rape whistles may help.

I did go with someone last night but then we split up to go home when we got off the bus... That was just for the taster session though and non of my friends want actually join as it is quite expensive if it's not something you really want to do. What do they do??
Take a friend
Can't you ask your mum/dad to meet you off the bus if you text them when you are very close. Other than that, it was probably a one-off situation and wouldn't happen every week. Just run home and hope for the best.
So sorry that happened to you!
Could you ask your parents to wait for you at the bus stop so you could walk home with them?
Or even a friend that lives close by?

If anything, when you are about to get off the bus, get ready, pump your self up to run like hell to your house. Have your keys ready, between your finger (so you could stab). And just run! Don't look back!
Also send a text to your family (even a friend), telling them where you are & how long it should take you to get there, do this when you are about 2 stops before your house. If someone is chasing you run and scream like hell, because that will wake up the neighbours and scare off the attacker.

Again, sorry that happened to you! Good luck
Reply 7
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
Is there a friend that you could go gymnastics with? Or ask someone to go with you to the classes?
You could try and go to an earlier class if available, but if you live in a safe place then maybe you can count it out as a one off thing...

Someone did actually come with me last night but that was only because it was a free taster session. They won't be coming now you have to pay. Plus we don't live together so either way there will be no one with me after we are off the bus...
There are no earlier classes for adults as the kids and competitive gymnasts are there in the day which I supposes is fair..
I really don't know.. There's weird/twisted people everywhere these days and I know that it's a lot more dangerous everywhere at night... :frown: if I do that and it happens again though I'll be even more scared D:
Reply 8
Original post by letsbehonest
Take a friend

I did yesterday but we split up to go home when we got off the bus...
TBF if he shouted roar sounds more like he was trying to troll than anything else. But of course you were right to be scared. Can you not get a lift off of someone or a taxi to and from there? Are there no earlier classes?
Original post by LillyLisaa
Someone did actually come with me last night but that was only because it was a free taster session. They won't be coming now you have to pay. Plus we don't live together so either way there will be no one with me after we are off the bus...
There are no earlier classes for adults as the kids and competitive gymnasts are there in the day which I supposes is fair..
I really don't know.. There's weird/twisted people everywhere these days and I know that it's a lot more dangerous everywhere at night... :frown: if I do that and it happens again though I'll be even more scared D:

attend a martial arts class. then turn around and deliver the deadliest spinning roundhouse kick straight to the dude's face and deliver the deadly phrase "****herrightinthepussy...BITCH"
Original post by waxfilledtin
Can't you ask your mum/dad to meet you off the bus if you text them when you are very close. Other than that, it was probably a one-off situation and wouldn't happen every week. Just run home and hope for the best.

I actually did ask them but they said it's too late... :frown: it was actually really hard to keep running after 2 hours of gymnastics... I guess it would be a good idea though
Original post by LillyLisaa
I did yesterday but we split up to go home when we got off the bus...

Is it bad that I laughed when you said he roared at you? Sorry >_<

Just be careful next time. How far is your house from the bus stop? Also, is it a main road? You shouldn't be scared if it's a main road.
Original post by GoatsInATree
So sorry that happened to you!
Could you ask your parents to wait for you at the bus stop so you could walk home with them?
Or even a friend that lives close by?

If anything, when you are about to get off the bus, get ready, pump your self up to run like hell to your house. Have your keys ready, between your finger (so you could stab). And just run! Don't look back!
Also send a text to your family (even a friend), telling them where you are & how long it should take you to get there, do this when you are about 2 stops before your house. If someone is chasing you run and scream like hell, because that will wake up the neighbours and scare off the attacker.

Again, sorry that happened to you! Good luck

Thank you and I did ask my parents but they said it's too late :frown: I don't know a friend that could or would... They need to be safe too...

I don't take a key because my mum lets me in and I am thinking of running but I'm so tired if two hours of gymnastics D: if I don't look back I won't see if anyone's there though :redface:
But if I scream won't they run faster to try and make me be quite? :/ my mum knew I was on the way home.. I might ask her to stand at the door, do you think that would help?

Thank you!
Was the guy actually running after you or did you just not look back?
Original post by Last Day Lepers
TBF if he shouted roar sounds more like he was trying to troll than anything else. But of course you were right to be scared. Can you not get a lift off of someone or a taxi to and from there? Are there no earlier classes?

It was how he said it and looked at me... He said it so creepy and serious D: why would he have chased me though?? No :frown:
Original post by letsbehonest
Is it bad that I laughed when you said he roared at you? Sorry >_<

Just be careful next time. How far is your house from the bus stop? Also, is it a main road? You shouldn't be scared if it's a main road.

It was scary D: and there's no cars at that toke though...
Original post by neal95
Was the guy actually running after you or did you just not look back?

When I first saw him he was just stood there staring at me. Then I noticed he was walking behind me and when I started running so did he..
Carry a rape alarm. Both my parents were police officers so they've had dealings with paedophiles etc. Above all else the best thing you can do is scream. Pull the rape alarm. Kick up a fuss. Then run. But in this case if he shouted 'roar' then its probably just a **** being his twatish self.
If you're adamant on going to this class, you could always have someone to talk to on the phone when you get off of the bus?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending