The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Buying a tablet for uni?

I'm studying English with Egyptology, and was wondering whether it would be worth while to buy a tablet such as a kindle or iPad rather than carrying books with me? :smile:
A small laptop (ie. notebook) will be far more useful since you can take notes/write essays/print stuff from it as well. Lots of your course material will be available online via the library and a Kindle will not be compatible.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by mallow300
I'm studying English with Egyptology, and was wondering whether it would be worth while to buy a tablet such as a kindle or iPad rather than carrying books with me? :smile:

Original post by returnmigrant
A small laptop (ie. notebook) will be far more useful since you can take notes/write essays/print stuff from it as well. Lots of your course material will be available online via the library and a Kindle will not be compatible.

An ipad would be a great idea for ease of use and to not carry around a tonne of books but does the cost of the device out weigh this benefit?

Nowadays most mainstream tablets can be used for not taking and work processing with Microsoft and Google putting their office/productivity suites onto the relevant appstore.
You need something with both the keypad and screen big enough for you to realistically write a 10,000 essay on without squinting.
Reply 4
I already have a microsoft laptop that im taking, but wondered whether a tablet would be of extra use, like for doing work when travelling ect
You don't need to do work while travelling; why would you?
Reply 6
I've been able to write an essay on my ipad using the apple made pages app which was free with the ipad also have a good app called notability which is great for writing notes especially if you have a stylus which can be purchased cheaply however id much rather write an essay on a laptop or computer as it is easier on a keyboard. iPads a great for when a computer is not available and are easier to take around than a laptop
I bought myself an iPad Mini for schoolwork and it's great. i'd recommend it to anyone, easy place to store all your notes and there are a lot of productivity apps available in the app store.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending