Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Only Holland deserve to win this WC, hopefully them or Germany! Watch

ReputationRep:
    The rest have been poor. Only Holland of the big countries have turned up. The 2 games today were shocking in terms of quality, refereeing/linesmen, leniency with bookings, continuous fouls and dirty play etc

I mean who else deserves to win this WC? I was hoping it might become more exciting as time goes on but the even the last 8 has been flat so far with flat scrappy performances. I heard someone recently say France could win the WC ... HA! Not a patch on what they used to be .... ordinary talent. Germany are not the side we know in the past, which is very strange.

I think it would be a travesty if Argentina or Brazil were to win this. Both sides not only have had fairly easy run ins, but Brazil especially have had enormous favourable bias and more importantly, both sides have been bitterly disappointing. Totally and utterly flat, not one performance from either side was exhilirating or exciting in the slightest. I have been rather bored watching the likes of Fred and Paulinho pretending to be professional footballers. Can you imagine if one of these two sides win it ... everyone will remember this WC as one massive boring fluke.

Come on Holland!!

ReputationRep:
    The game that just finished was a great game though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    The game that just finished was a great game though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was a good game to a point. But Brazil have been awfully boring and Colombia couldn't get into their rhythym until the last 20 as Brazil are essentially just spoilers.

Another aspect that totally ruined the game was the refereeing and the leniency with cards. It absolutely ruined the game because all it does is encourage the players to commit more fouls because they know there'll be no repurcussions. Hence why there were so many damn fouls. And besides the cards aspect, the ref totally had a shocker. It Spoiled the game. It is quite clear to me there is an agenda to give Brazil a hand in this tournament, and I can't enjoy watching that.

I would describe it as tense rather than a great game. I mean there weren't many shots on target in the second half, hardly any from Colombia all game infact. And where was Neymar? He's supposedly one of the best in the world but did he even do anything? It was better than France vs Germany though.

ReputationRep:
    The team that wins the World Cup is the team that deserves to win the World Cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.