Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chav's, MLE and other modern day troglodytes.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I live in pitsea and the particular part of pitsea I live in is a **** hole. Everyone speaks like it. 'mans is gettin bare vexed' and 'mans is going on hype ting'.

Im not sure if its because they do it to fit in or they do it because its all they know, but I've lived in pitsea my entire life. I can safely call myself a sesquipedalian. (Person who likes using long words).

I can also safely say that even though the influence of this form of language is here, I've never onced followed it. What else is strange is that its now become a recognised language or form of communication.

This is known as Multi Cultural London English. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multicu...London_English Frankly thats embarrassing. How such a low rent and tacky way of speaking can be considered an official means of communication.

I could talk all day to someone using large, lengthy words that would give a chav a crotaphos (Latin: pain in the temples), but as soon as they start talking to me like they do one of their peers.. well.. lets not.

They commonly say about how 'mans can type proper if mans wants to type proper, you get me fam?'.

I could give you all the swag's and yolo's you could ever need. You're not going to be a success! U can typ lyk dis? Dictionary. Mans is gettin bare vexed. Sorry you don't understand the word I would use to best describe you.

What I really want to ask is: Why do you speak like this, if you speak like this? Also what do you say to those of you around you if they have suddenly adopted this new means of communication.

Oh. Speaking. Don't get me started on 'speaking' and 'talking' being used in the incorrect places...

ReputationRep:
    Becoz they want 2 innit

70 percent of young people in this country are chavs and you should deal with it, you pleb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonyTerrance)
    I live in pitsea and the particular part of pitsea I live in is a **** hole.
    There are non-****hole areas of Pitsea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Becoz they want 2 innit

70 percent of young people in this country are chavs and you should deal with it, you pleb
    Are inane insults the full extent of your minds capabilities? Lame..

(Original post by Greenlaner)
    There are non-****hole areas of Pitsea?
    Well yeah. I live in a decent little couldesac which looks like kensington compared to the surrounding areas.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.