Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it "get an ex band together day"? .. what's happening? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's been 10 months since the break up, and I would have thought my would have completely forgotten me by now ... But earlier this evening I randomly got a friend request from her close friend?

My ex and I haven't talked since the break up, which ended horribly ... she blocked me 5 months after the break up ... but why would her friend message me??

Am I just looking too much into this?

ReputationRep:
    Aye, don't overthink things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Aye, don't overthink things.
    Is there really, really nothing to this? .. I mean it's strange that after 10 months of 0 contact, but my ex being aggressive and jealous whilst blocking me on Facebook leads to her friend, who I deleted along with others after the break up, wants to add me again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgy Git)
    Is there really, really nothing to this? .. I mean it's strange that after 10 months of 0 contact, but my ex being aggressive and jealous whilst blocking me on Facebook leads to her friend, who I deleted along with others after the break up, wants to add me again?
    Well just accept it and wait if she messages you or anything. Some people are really willy nilly with friend requests. I wouldn't look into it too much unless anything else develops.

Well just accept it and wait if she messages you or anything. Some people are really willy nilly with friend requests. I wouldn't look into it too much unless anything else develops.
    Yeah, I guess I'll just let it slip this once.

It just bothers me that her friends in general loathed my guts when I was back up North ... I took the liberty of deleting every single one of them off my Facebook to just forget about the saga, but then having her try to add me again is mind boggling.

I guess I'll let it slip this once ... There's no way I want to get into contact with my ex, unless she makes the effort to directly.

It just bothers me that post-break up, my ex's friends absolutely loathed me, and showed it. They would constantly heckle me on nights out and make my life a living hell for 6 months.

I did have a thing with this other girl up there, we went on a night out together and my ex's friends did see it ... so many there's something there, but again I won't waste energy on contacting her.

If she does contact me however, how should I go about it?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.