Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I recently had what I thought was a really good exit interview at a city firm.

They said to me that they had to wait until they've had every vac schemer to make any offers but to let them know if I get any offers elsewhere and they'll try and speed themselves up.

Has anyone had this said to them before and got an offer?

What does it mean!!!??

ReputationRep:
    It means to tell them if you get an offer somewhere else. Because if they know you have an offer elsewhere, they can then offer you a place if they want you. Because if they do want you and someone else makes you an offer first, then you might choose to take the other offer instead of taking their position. And then they won't get you. So if you want to work for them, but you get an offer elsewhere, tell them and they will investigate whether or not they want to make you an offer and speed up their internal process.

It's a good thing!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.