Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone here a try hard with no real talent but works hard with avg/below grades? Watch

ReputationRep:
    How do you cope? How do you continue to get up, work so hard knowing that the results will disappoint you? How do you ignore other people who enjoy life while you work just to stay afloat?

I'm struggling to deal with the fact that for years I've worked hard just to get by. I've made sacrifice after sacrifice- sexual,relationship,social- just to get good grades. However now in my 5th year of uni study I'm passing but barely.

When do you know when it's time to change? To do something else? I'm all for trying but surely there is a limit and a line between determination and insanity.

ReputationRep:
    i have no talent and work really hard, but i also work efficiently. that's the key. any monkey can work themselves to death, but if you look for patterns, learn the most common stuff first etc you can get good grades.

what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    mee

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    i have no talent and work really hard, but i also work efficiently. that's the key. any monkey can work themselves to death, but if you look for patterns, learn the most common stuff first etc you can get good grades.

what are you studying?
    Medicine. Yeah I try to learn the most common stuff too.I don't do past papers but do look at clinical cases. However year after year my grades have been dropping so I guess that's a sign I'm struggling, I've also given up on a lot of the things that I enjoyed in order to handle the increasing difficulty- further proof that I'm struggling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KenGosgrove)
    Medicine. Yeah I try to learn the most common stuff too.I don't do past papers but do look at clinical cases. However year after year my grades have been dropping so I guess that's a sign I'm struggling, I've also given up on a lot of the things that I enjoyed in order to handle the increasing difficulty- further proof that I'm struggling.
    i'm a medic too, 3rd year though. how do you revise? do you do a lot of notes?

ReputationRep:
    i'm a medic too, 3rd year though. how do you revise? do you do a lot of notes?
    I do not make notes. I read from books, do core clincial cases, bmj learning.

Note taking would take too long for me and isnt effective for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KenGosgrove)
    I do not make notes. I read from books, do core clincial cases, bmj learning.

Note taking would take too long for me and isnt effective for me.
    not really sure what to advise then

ReputationRep:
    not really sure what to advise then
    Lol it's okay, dude. I'm passing so I'm good enough just not as good as my peers. Just a fact of life.

Do the most with what you have, even if it is less than others!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.