Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It would seem I come across a problem or something I've failed to do every five minutes But basically I've applied for a diagnostic radiography course with Sheffield hallam as my firm and Bangor (Wrexham campus) as my reserve. Part of me is starting to think that because of how little I'm getting as far as a maintenance loan goes; should I apply for student finance wales if I think I may take my reserve? Another thing, do people usually apply for accommodation for both their firm and reserve choice?
    All replies are greatly appreciated!
    Jake

ReputationRep:
    If you live in Englad at the moment, then you apply to Student Finance England wherever you end up. Even Bangor.

At my current uni, you can only apply for accommodation once you have firmed your place.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks for the reply! On the student finance website I said it was Sheffield Hallam I would be studying at should this not make a difference if I do end up in Bangor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wazowski1)
    It would seem I come across a problem or something I've failed to do every five minutes But basically I've applied for a diagnostic radiography course with Sheffield hallam as my firm and Bangor (Wrexham campus) as my reserve. Part of me is starting to think that because of how little I'm getting as far as a maintenance loan goes; should I apply for student finance wales if I think I may take my reserve? Another thing, do people usually apply for accommodation for both their firm and reserve choice?
    Jake
    You do not apply for SF based on where you study, it's based on where you live. If you live in England then you use SF England who covers all of the UK.

Wales gives more generous grants than any other government but this is for Welsh students only.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks for the reply! On the student finance website I said it was Sheffield Hallam I would be studying at should this not make a difference if I do end up in Bangor?
    You just tell SFE that you're not going to your first choice and they redirect the Tuition Fee Loan to the uni you eventually attend.

Plenty of people end up at unis which weren't their first choice. Many go through Clearing, and end up at a uni they'd never even considered before that week. SFE are used to changes to the uni on your application.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much to everyone that replied! Every time I have a problem I can rely on these forums to put my mind at ease

ReputationRep:
    Jake
    I assume you've applied for an NHS bursary as well?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.