Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am having regrets going to Uni, I got bcc in my a levels and went through clearing and got accepted into a metropolitan uni studying psychology, i have just received my results and have failed my first year now I'm thinking i should go back to college and start it afresh and apply to uni all over again. my cousin said not to as then i have another year tuition loan from uni that i have to pay back. what shall i do? any advice will be helpful

ReputationRep:
    Can you not redo the assignments in the summer and resubmit them?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just a question. Are you sure you've failed?
    My sister does Psychology at Blackburn, and on her course it says she's failed the first year because she hasn't completed the whole 3 years, and so it automatically says fail until the third year. If she hasn't passed then she obviously does not progress on to second year, but she is going to second year now. So was just wondering? Maybe yours is the same?
    Otherwise, you don't exactly have to start fresh from college? Or if you want to desperately improve your A levels then maybe its good for you to start a new Just think about whats best for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you want to drop out of university then that's up to you. Please don't be put off by having to repay more loan as it's not treated like a regular loan, you aren't expected to pay it back off really quickly. It'll just be taken out of your wage in small (relative) increments, you don't even have to think about it. Most people aren't expected to pay it all off and it's wiped from you after 30 years anyway so don't worry about the repayments, it's not really a concern. Considering how large the total adds up to anyway, what's one more year?*

*It's a lot, yes, but again, you won't really feel the impact of repaying.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.