Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

Yesterday at work I got pulled to a meeting with my manager, at the meeting she said my performance was not up to the organisations standard and invited me to a formal interview with a note taker to discuss. She said I made 2 or 3 errors over the last few weeks and just wanted a formal chat to find out why.

Fair enough my work performance has been poor as of late, I know what the errors are and although not "serious" they involved some high level colleagues who escalated it.
    I now know she is scanning through all my emails to get Any thing else that she can bring up (I'm an office administrator for an organisation with 2000+ staff).

I've pulled together some work I've done to prove my performance isn't poor and I've got some evidence of mistakes that my manager has done that has cost the organisation ££££'s.

My manager is a total b1c7h and her and her manager are both very close and very clicky with each other, they have both been here around a year and have really annoyed a few people since arriving, everyone has an issue with them, she's made countless errors herself but because she is very good friends with her manager she seems to get away with it.

The major thing that's annoyed me is I'm probably the least vocal of my team (4 other women in the team, all very loud) and feel if it was one of them who had made a few errors they wouldn't be pulled up on it as they would put up a fight. I'm only in my early 20's and I think they see me as an easy target, to send a message to everyone else.

I've told a few colleges and they all back that I'm a good worker and my manager is being harsh, but that's working life I guess. Just gutted that's it's gone this far and this will be on my record for years to come, so if I wanted to stay and progress any promotion will be difficult.

Does anyone have an advice how I should go into this meeting? I fear I'm going to be torn to shreds in it, this is my first poor performance meeting, I've got perfect time keeping, sick absence and never been pulled up before in the 2.5 years I've been here.

I guess I'm a bit nervous, I know they can't sack me that easily as the organisation has quite strict disciplinary procedures, I know I've made a few mistakes recently but I've got a Army Assessment Centre next month and that's been playing on my mind. (They don't know about this and would rather them not know.)

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Well whatever you do, don't go in there any start telling your manager what she has done wrong!!!

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the above poster ^ ... don't go in there and start waffling on about things your manager has done! that will put her back up and she will be a lot harder on you. You will just make things worse for yourself :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    1. Don't piss of the person who pays you.
    2. Just tell them that you've been having a hard time, acknowledge that you've messed up and will work on it and show how well you've done for the last 2 and half years.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.