The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vildeung
Hi Brasenose,

Is it possible to get a virtual tour of the college? I live in Norway, thus have been unable to visit on open days. I would love to get a glimpse of the accommodation! :smile:

Thanks

We currently just have illustrative photographs
https://www.bnc.ox.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate-admissions/179-accommodation-rooms

A virtual tour of rooms is something we will look into producing - thnaks for the suggestion.
GCSE Grades: 8A*, 4A, A in FSMQ Ad Maths
A-Levels: AAAAB (English Lit, History, Maths, Further Maths, Physics)
Achieved: A*A*A* (English lit, History, Maths)
Course: English
College: Lincoln

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ¿Why?
What subjects are you taking?:smile: I don't know tbh, I think you're right in saying that it's a mix of all factors. Haha, omg!! Submitted my UCAS yesterday and now just waiting for my English teacher's part of the reference. 😅 Let's both pray for interviews and a nice ELAT 🙏

Yep that would be good! I take English lit, Latin, History and dropped RS. You?
I'm applying to Brasenose xoxo
I got 7A*'S and 4A's at GCSE. I had contextual factors such as going to a school in a disadvantaged that only achieves 51% A*-C. I got the best results in my year if that helps.

I got AAAA at AS. Predicted A*AA.
Doing the BMAT.

I have done:
3 weeks work experience at a GP.
4 week summer job at the same practice.
St John's ambulance.
2 day observational visit at the St Thomas's hospital.
Created my school cricket club.
Prefect.
Done the brilliant club.
Leader of school's Islamic society.

Do I have a chance at a interview for medicine?
I'm worried because of my poor GCSE results. :frown:
I'm an american reapplying to Oxford, will I have to resend the score that I sent them last year? Nothing has changed in terms of my ACT and SAT Subject Tests, and I've sent them my newest AP scores. Is this sufficient?
Original post by Randall13
I got 7A*'S and 4A's at GCSE. I had contextual factors such as going to a school in a disadvantaged that only achieves 51% A*-C. I got the best results in my year if that helps.

Doing the BMAT.

I have done:
St John's ambulance.
Prefect.
Done the brilliant club.

What's the brilliant club?

Anyway it'll depend on how well you BMAT goes, they interview based on your GCSEs and BMAT only. I think you have a decent chance at getting an interview. Your GCSEs are already pretty good, especially given your disadvantaged circumstances, so while you'll need a good BMAT score, if it's not the best of the best then it's not the end of the world.
Who's taking the TSA?
Original post by politicalmind
Who's taking the TSA?

ME :dancing:
Original post by Oakflame
ME :dancing:

Awesomeee. What are you applying for?
Awesomeee. What are you applying for?

PPE! You?
Who's taking the TSA?

Me too!!!
Original post by humortime
I'm an american reapplying to Oxford, will I have to resend the score that I sent them last year? Nothing has changed in terms of my ACT and SAT Subject Tests, and I've sent them my newest AP scores. Is this sufficient?

You don't have to send scores until you have an offer- just put them in on UCAS.

What are you applying for / are you applying for the same subject? did you get to interview?
Reply 2993
Who's taking the TSA?

Here I am, PPE you?
Who's taking the TSA?

Mark me down as taking it too! It's pretty tough... did my first past paper yesterday, fuarkin' 'ell it was a shifty little bugger

With many people now finalising college choice, receiving predicted grades and soon to be receiving calls to interview and eventually decision outcomes, I have removed the 'View Only' sheet settings, so everyone can now edit their information a lot easier!
Original post by Randall13

Doing the BMAT.

I have done:
St John's ambulance.
Prefect.
Done the brilliant club.

We think that the Medicine selectors will interview you if your BMAT scores are competitive. In reaching this decision the selectors will take into account your contextualised GCSE scores & so we do not think you need to be concerned about these.

We hosted Brilliant Club a few weeks ago in Brasenose and hope your experience with this initiative is similarly positive.
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
x

How do BNC shortlist Mathematics applicants for interview- i.e what are the factors they take into account?
HI

I am applying for biological sciences but don't know which college! I am stuck between Somerville and Hertford

Advice please :-)
Reply 2999
Can't seem to find any geography applicants? Wondering which colleges everyone is applying for and how you're feeling about the TSA!

Think I'm going for Worcester it was sososo pretty been there a few times now

Latest

Trending

Trending