The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamesthe24th
I'm applying to Queens, I also haven't heard of anybody applying there, I don't mind but for me I thought Queens was perfect! 😊 what are you taking for A2?

English Lit, Drama and Art so probably not the strongest
What about you?
Original post by CatherineJohnson
Congratulations and good luck! When did you hear about it?

Thank you! I got the email on wednesday, so the 17th :smile:
Hello! I have applied for Mathematics with Statistics, I have 4 A's in Alevels, I am predicted 3A* (Maths, Further Maths and Physics) and already have an A* in Accounting. I am reallyy nervous as I took the MAT test and didn't do as well as I should for Oxford standards... What do you think? Will they reject me for my MAT score?
Original post by chloeabeki
Ooh nice, good luck! I applied at Wadham, hopefully I'll be hearing from them soon ;.;

Haha thanks! And probably tomorrow :tongue: not getting my hopes up tho, applied for sake of YOLO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katerina-97
Hello! I have applied for Mathematics with Statistics, I have 4 A's in Alevels, I am predicted 3A* (Maths, Further Maths and Physics) and already have an A* in Accounting. I am reallyy nervous as I took the MAT test and didn't do as well as I should for Oxford standards... What do you think? Will they reject me for my MAT score?

There is a number x set every year, above this they accept by default

here a number y set every year, above this they reject by default.

Between x and y, you score decide if interview. Is A* the best grade? If so, you are in for interview. If not, then not.
Original post by longsightdon
Haha thanks! And probably tomorrow :tongue: not getting my hopes up tho, applied for sake of YOLO

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully, with each day I get more nervous as I still haven't heard from them! Do you think you have a good chance? From what Ive heard you get a question for each of Organic, Physical and Inorganic and work through them for the interview. I'm a bit nervous about Physical as I don't take Physics A2 so that might put me at a disadvantage.

I'm really worried I've messed up the MAT as well. I'm hoping, since it seemed to be a lot harder than any other paper I've done, it won't matter as much.

What college did you apply for? (I'm just applying for maths)
Does anyone know what day of next week we're most likely to hear? I didn't think I minded either way before now, but as it's getting nearer the time I'm getting nervous....
Original post by not you
I've noticed that Trinity Oxford has like no one applying there, whereas Trinity Cambridge has 7 billion people applying there, wonder why there's such a difference between the two.

Maybe because they are from different university? They are merely coincidence that they are named after the same thing. That is like saying two people with the same name should be equivalently popular.
Original post by LevCrofts
Does anyone know what day of next week we're most likely to hear? I didn't think I minded either way before now, but as it's getting nearer the time I'm getting nervous....

Probably Monday. I have heard that some department heads asked their tutors to finish shortlisting by Monday.
Original post by Uke_Kate
I'm really worried I've messed up the MAT as well. I'm hoping, since it seemed to be a lot harder than any other paper I've done, it won't matter as much.

What college did you apply for? (I'm just applying for maths)

Yes it was a hard paper and considering all the pressure of the exam... Christ Church and you?
Original post by charleethompson
English Lit, Drama and Art so probably not the strongest
What about you?

English Lit. English Lang, Art and Photography are my A2's. I Also took Philosphy and Ethics at AS.
Original post by ForeignStudent32
Probably Monday. I have heard that some department heads asked their tutors to finish shortlisting by Monday.

Oh my god D: Guess I won't be getting any sleep tonight...
Original post by chloeabeki
Oh my god D: Guess I won't be getting any sleep tonight...

But you don't know what time in the day. If you don't sleep at night, you will fall sleep at the day when offers are sent out and miss it.
Yes it was a hard paper and considering all the pressure of the exam... Christ Church and you?

Keble, loved it when I visited at an open day. I was really worried that I had't covered everything in the paper as well since I'm from Scotland and we have a different curriculum and had absolutely no idea on Qu.2 but Qu.5 was a god send, easily the best for me in the paper

Dayum, that soon.... I'll probably need some sort of horse tranquilizer to sleep tonight.
Anyone received an interview from Trinity for Maths yet?
Original post by Uke_Kate
Keble, loved it when I visited at an open day. I was really worried that I had't covered everything in the paper as well since I'm from Scotland and we have a different curriculum and had absolutely no idea on Qu.2 but Qu.5 was a god send, easily the best for me in the paper

I messed up on Q4! I think I sould revise my geometry :smile:

Oh goodness ... We'll see how that goes then! :redface:
I messed up on Q4! I think I sould revise my geometry :smile:

Same, lets just say circles really aren't my strong point and I keep on getting a lot of hard questions on them!

Do you have any idea when the emails for interviews will be sent out?

Latest

Trending

Trending