The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ForeignStudent32
Grammar Level: 11 out of 10. Verdict: Oxford material

Yeah, this coming from somebody who a few posts back said: 'Didnt you already got one'.
Original post by Nancy97
Did anyone get an intervirew invitation/rejection email this morning? I think they may have forgotten about my application... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They still have another week or so to decide! TSR person said that you shouldn't get ur hopes up from not receiving one this morning and that it could be anytime...
Original post by MouseyBrown
Yeah, this coming from somebody who a few posts back said: 'Didnt you already got one'.

Um, you are being too uptight. It's a joke lol

I am pretty sure even MaxReid typed it that way on purpose.
Reply 6063
However, it is probably that something high school student would read - perhaps a suggest reading. Because the OP even though not very clever would probably not put a book that he has never read or not even the slightest idea about.

Well obviously you haven't a clue on either score FS32.

OP if all else fails and they ask you about this book just say you found it tough going; it's not a crime.
Original post by crastle
You're really rude. I'm not even going to bother defending myself because I can't take you seriously.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, which book is it? Maybe somebody here on this thread has read it :wink:
Original post by Irwin
Well obviously you haven't a clue on either score FS32.

OP if all else fails and they ask you about this book just say you found it tough going; it's not a crime.

what is either score FS32?
Original post by Irwin
The book review suggestion is cunning but might not get you very far if they decide to pounce on that book

You would be surprised at how in depth some Goodreads reviews go! And also, if it's a famous book, there's always Sparknotes available :tongue:
Original post by tamara98
St Anne's, but considering that one of my essays submitted for the require written work was sort of rubbish, I'm not too hopeful, I just want an answer now,even a rejection so that I can move on :':wink:

I feel exactly the same way :s-smilie:. I also applied to St.Anne's, but for law. At this point I just want some news so I can finally get some closure.
(edited 8 years ago)
Unless they gave him like politcal cartoons, but come on, this is not kindergarten so that is not likely :P

I'm under the Canadian curriculum, and for our history source analysis we are often given political cartoons to write on.
Original post by somnacin
I'm under the Canadian curriculum, and for our history source analysis we are often given political cartoons to write on.

Ah, which province are you from. What major are you applying for.
Ah, which province are you from. What major are you applying for.

The Alberta curriculum - and for Arch & Ancient History.

You?

Spoiler

The Alberta curriculum - and for Arch & Ancient History.

You?

Spoiler

Sir Winston Churchill High?

Comp with Phil. Isn't it called major in UK as well?

By the way, isn't it almost 4am there right now ... You really wake up early :P
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nancy97
Did anyone get an intervirew invitation/rejection email this morning? I think they may have forgotten about my application... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I applied to Keble law and I haven't heard anything but some interviews have already gone out :frown:
Sir Winston Churchill High?

Comp with Phil. Isn't it called major in UK as well?

By the way, isn't it almost 4am there right now ... You really wake up early :P

I think that they're just called courses?

Lol, I've been displaced to Hong Kong long ago. Where are you right now? :smile:
Original post by Another student.
I feel exactly the same way :s-smilie:. I also applied to St.Anne's, but for law. At this point I just want some news so I can finally get some closure.

Yes!!! This feeling !
When one essay is really good but the other a bit crap and all we have to do is sit here and hope :s-smilie:
Guys why the tension? Everyone just chill!
Reply 6076
Original post by James_mc
Guys why the tension? Everyone just chill!

Agree- everyone please calm down! We are all in anticipation - and best to stay composed.
Original post by jonwithnoname
Thank you, you too - I think most of the English applicants are hanging out on the ELAT thread if you (and any other English applicants reading this) want to join us over there :smile:

Hi, would you be able to attach the link to the ELAT thread? Thanks!

Edit: No worries, found it!
(edited 8 years ago)
did anyone get interview for PPE? haven't heard anything from them. They take so long, makes me even more anxious :frown:
Lol yeah, and tried to insult our mothers badly.

Are you a UK citizen as well?

Nope, I'm Singaporean. Hence why I can read, speak and write in Chinese, and why the the comment that was from google translate lost its "oomph" as an insult.

Latest

Trending

Trending