The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

for a friend i did not do a levels i did ib
Original post by Pars12
Lol!

Are you still looking for tips for AS?
Original post by polarmaple
which colleges have gotten PPE interviews?

No, at least I didn't hear that.(I just mean there are some people getting invite, but not necessarily for PPE. Don't worry):smile:
Original post by charlotte2405
Is anyone applying for Philosophy and Modern Languages? (I've applied for Philosophy and Beginner's Modern Greek at St. Annes). Has anyone had an invite for any subject that you had to take an MLAT for? Thank you xx

I haven't heard of anyone having an interview where they've taken MLAT which is kind of good but I'm getting so stressed with waiting!
Does anyone know if Oxford sent interview invitation for geography applicants are generally later than those takes place in Dec.6-11?
Original post by Hello278910
Me! I've got into Brooke's and I've applied St Johns 😊

Brooke's isn't an oxford college. Its a totally different uni...
I know what a p***ing open day is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6486
Original post by raluca1
Mathematics and Statistics. How about you?

Economics and Management. Haven't heard from them. International student here.
Anyone applying to St Hilda's? :smile:
Lol, I feel you, but that's what the tiny unsubscribe button at the bottom of their spam is for :wink:
I got an interview for St. Johns PPE yesterday; I dunno why people keep saying interview offers for PPE haven't gone out...
Original post by beam3.14159
I got an interview for St. Johns PPE yesterday; I dunno why people keep saying interview offers for PPE haven't gone out...

OMG...I start to be nervous now.....At least they will give me a mail of rejection, right? But I get nothing from Oxford.....
Original post by razaa
Economics and Management. Haven't heard from them. International student here.

Me too. I hope they didn't choose to go by snail mail. Too bad they don't have a tracking system for the subjects they sent
Damn, we're all feeling the exact same at the moment, or so it seems! c:<
If you're English Lit. - and I believe a good deal of us still shuffling our feet and trying not to panic are - people have said it's most likely to be Thursday, but Friday's also a possible, based on last year.

Apparently also Oxford actually have to have replied by this Friday - it would be cutting it pretty fine to the interviews to go any further, to be sure - so probably not too much left for us lot.

In their defence, for English and courses like them, the admissions exams, the submitted written work... this stuff does take a long while to read over and effectively compare.
Reply 6494
Original post by Shotte
Damn, we're all feeling the exact same at the moment, or so it seems! c:<

Exact same feeling! Heart skipped a beat when I saw an email, turned out to be UCAS spam. :angry::angry:
Original post by amoicavalli
Anyone applying to St Hilda's? :smile:

Me! I'm an international student from America applying for exp psychology.
Reply 6496
Original post by raluca1
Me too. I hope they didn't choose to go by snail mail. Too bad they don't have a tracking system for the subjects they sent

Hope we get them soon. Good luck!
Reply 6497
New College anyone?
Original post by razaa
Exact same feeling! Heart skipped a beat when I saw an email, turned out to be UCAS spam. :angry::angry:

To be fair, even that doesn't trump this gem I got on the 20th.

'Oxford Interview Notification' arrived in my inbox.

I feel a chill of instinctual anticipation run through my spine, swirl for a moment in the nape in my neck, then recede. I was the gazelle staring into the smirking jaws of King Lion, but would I make the chance to bolt pointlessly away, or return his death-gaze with zeal?

When I was done making clumsy, melodramatic metaphors, I opened it up and...

'Dear student

We are aware that Oxford has commenced calling candidates to interview for mid-December. If you have received notification from the institution we would appreciate if you would respond to this email and advise your Pastoral Mentor to ensure that appropriate support is put in place.'

...Aaaaand it was nothing more than the college clerks - with thoroughly disheartening news in all honesty - the whole time.
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry buddy, I'm Mansfield myself. :P

But I wouldn't say no if they threw me some scraps from the table, it must be said!

Latest

Trending

Trending