The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got my interview invite for chemistry at Merton! So happy :h:
What % of people who applied for maths got an interview this year?

I'm assuming it's quite high because I got an interview with AABE at AS and no A*s at GCSE, also did quite poorly in the MAT. Has to be more than half for maths.
Got an interview for History and French at Balliol!!! So pleased!
Original post by Fredseagulls
Yeah one of my friends got one a week ago. But I think they are coming out quite slowly

Cool cheers.
There once was a college called Merton,
I applied when I had a blue shirt on,
When it came to December,
I couldn't remember,
If I really applied there for certain.

If anyone would like a limerick done for their college, I'm exactly the kind of insatiable procrastinator to ask. Yup, I'm desparately bored, folks.
Reply 7685
Original post by PressTabStart
What % of people who applied for maths got an interview this year?

I'm assuming it's quite high because I got an interview with AABE at AS and no A*s at GCSE, also did quite poorly in the MAT. Has to be more than half for maths.

Most haven't heard yet, but congratulations and good luck!! What do you think your MAT score was?
I got an interview for Mathematics at Exeter! So happy right now!! ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Imaanc
Most haven't heard yet, but congratulations and good luck!! What do you think your MAT score was?

Around 60%
Does anyone hear from Christ Church for geography candidates? Is Christ Church usually slower than other college?
Original post by el-enchanted
I completely get that. The urge is so so strong. Where are you flying from?

And, as a blanket note to anyone, please post when you hear from Merton regardless of your subject!!

Do you also have to book a flight? I would fly from Frankfurt/Germany I think or another airport near here.
It would be really important for me to tell my school in case I get an interview since I would miss two exams/important tests and one of these is very very very important and I also don't know if I should start studying for it or not..
Has anyone heard from Oriel for Physics?
So - Mertonians!
I spoke to a guy who knows another PPE applicant - he got am email from Merton yesterday and was reallocated to St Bennets Hall.
Which is just weird.
Original post by PlaneovertheSea
So - Mertonians!
I spoke to a guy who knows another PPE applicant - he got am email from Merton yesterday and was reallocated to St Bennets Hall.
Which is just weird.

Maybe they send rejections later and we are rejected... but I really hope that's not the case
Original post by LamantChenille
French and Hebrew :smile:

Ah okay, thought you might be medicine since we don't hear until the 2nd either. Did you have to sit MLAT or something?
Original post by TomCastles
Has anyone heard from Oriel for Physics?

I've only heard of one physics invitation anywhere on here . . .

Do you know of any?
Scrap the poems...I just got an interview at Merton College!!
Original post by scblx
Maybe they send rejections later and we are rejected... but I really hope that's not the case

I have no idea.
I mean they obviously have the decisions they could just sent an email already.
Original post by TheBilboBaggins
Scrap the poems...I just got an interview at Merton College!!

Awesome!!! Its like finding Nessie!
What for?
Original post by TheBilboBaggins
There once was a college called Merton,
I applied when I had a blue shirt on,
When it came to December,
I couldn't remember,
If I really applied there for certain.

If anyone would like a limerick done for their college, I'm exactly the kind of insatiable procrastinator to ask. Yup, I'm desparately bored, folks.

This is the best post on here ever. You win 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7699
Still waiting on Merton.... Haven't heard anything yet. Has anybody else heard for English? I feel like I've chosen not only a popular subject but a slow college as well!!

Latest