The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alinakhan
Is anyone interviewing at St Benet's Hall?

Im being interviewed at St Benets too. Open application. Wednesday right?
Original post by LoveToArgue
ok but I take it the traffic wasnt too bad, and it should have hopefully calmed down again by tomorrow :smile:

Yes hopefully we both get there with no problems! Good luck!!
Original post by binnsm
Yes hopefully we both get there with no problems! Good luck!!

I second that! Good luck to you too :smile:
Original post by georgiaTK
Perhaps you don't, I just wasn't sure! Was yours from Lincoln? The email asked me to fill out a survey about when I would need accommodation and I did so. I'm probably worrying unnecessarily but I just expected to get some kind of confirmation?

No, St Hugh's. I filled out an online form as well and received no confirmation but I'm not worrying about it at all, because I wasn't expecting to receive confirmation
Anyone at St. Hilda's? Just arrived and it's very very quiet not spotted any others yet
Original post by connieiscrazy
No, St Hugh's. I filled out an online form as well and received no confirmation but I'm not worrying about it at all, because I wasn't expecting to receive confirmation

I didn't receive a confirmation from St Hugh's either
Any idea from past experience if one would be likely to have an interview on the day they arrive? I have been asked to be at college by 12, an then lunch till 13:15 and then a pre-interview meeting.
Original post by ryanicale
It was a very academic interview. PPE. Don't think I can say more!

OMG were there any personal questions? (Why PPE? etc.) Unseen stimulus?

Well done! Hope you're happy with how you did!
Original post by somnacin
Did anyone have a history or classics interview yet? :^_^:

Classics interviews start tomorrow, that's when we're required to have arrived.
Anyone else getting to Corpus tomorrow morning? :smile:
In my interview to email, it said that another email will follow shortly about further details, but I never received this? Did this happen to anyone else?
Original post by Tessie25
Anyone at St. Hilda's? Just arrived and it's very very quiet not spotted any others yet

Hey! Also at St Hilda's and currently alone, message me?
Original post by skylake
Any idea from past experience if one would be likely to have an interview on the day they arrive? I have been asked to be at college by 12, an then lunch till 13:15 and then a pre-interview meeting.

Probably not - I was asked to come a day earlier than originally planned for my interviews last year (I had to come up on the 9th instead of the original 10th), but I still didn't have any interviews until the 10th. If the college is pressed for time, they might schedule an interview for you for the afternoon, but I don't know of any cases where people have had interviews within a couple of hours of arriving... (St John's student here :wink: )
Original post by zahraladha
In my interview to email, it said that another email will follow shortly about further details, but I never received this? Did this happen to anyone else?

Hmm...If your first email came a while ago, I'd probably contact the college about this just to make sure you have all the details you need. Just send them a quick email explaining the situation and they should be able to let you know what's going on :smile:
Original post by danniegee
Hmm...If your first email came a while ago, I'd probably contact the college about this just to make sure you have all the details you need. Just send them a quick email explaining the situation and they should be able to let you know what's going on :smile:

ok thank you! Yeah my first email itself was late, I had to call up to ask as I hadn't received anything, so that might be the case again.
I'm meant to arrive tomorrow by 6pm so I will email them now and hopefully they will reply by tomorrow
Hey! Is anyone interviewing at Mansfield this week?
Original post by zahraladha
ok thank you! Yeah my first email itself was late, I had to call up to ask as I hadn't received anything, so that might be the case again.
I'm meant to arrive tomorrow by 6pm so I will email them now and hopefully they will reply by tomorrow

That's OK - I'm sure it's just because they are running around like crazy, so don't worry. As long as you bring yourself, you should be just fine: I don't know what information they've already given you, but you shouldn't need to prepare anything before you get there. Just pack a pen, paper and maybe a copy of your personal statement to read over (and then the usual sorts of things you'd pack if you were going on an overnight trip somewhere). When you arrive, the student ambassadors will tell you where you need to go and will be able to answer any questions you've thought of.

Best of luck! :smile:
Reply 9296
so nervous for tomorrow.

is there any time to leave the college and have a look around the town?

anyone already at oriel want to tell me what accommodation is like?
Original post by mcn2015
Anyone else got an interview for Law this week? I have mine at Lincoln. Don't think there is very much you can do to prepare for that style of interview?

Don't know about interviews, just want to say good luck from one fellow Northern Irishman to another. I hope to go to Lincoln.
Original post by Lainathiel
Stay calm, it's going to be alright - they're bound to be understanding of the situation and stressing about it will only make you uncomfortable in the interview. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

taxi?
Original post by fs1
so nervous for tomorrow.

is there any time to leave the college and have a look around the town?

anyone already at oriel want to tell me what accommodation is like?

It's OK - it's totally normal to be nervous, but just try to enjoy it! Interviews at Oxford are a great experience :smile:

Yes, I spent hours wandering round the town inbetween my interviews. Good places to visit include the Covered Market (especially Ben's Cookies - I had a just-baked cookie after breakfast on one of the days!), G&D's, and, since it's December, the Christmas Market on Broad Street. There are a few G&D's (it's an ice-cream shop, by the way), and I think that the one nearest to Oriel is on Pembroke Street. I brought a map and my phone (which has an in-built sat-nav app) to help me find my way. I know a lot of people would be worried about getting lost, but as long as you trust your sense of direction and your navigation equipment, you should be OK! Walking around Oxford is a great time-filler and also a bonus if you do get in, because you'll get to know your way around pretty fast! Oh, and the Waterstones on the corner between Cornmarket and Broad Street is amazing!

Sorry, I'm at John's :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending