Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm a eu student going up to Edinburgh in sept for undergraduate, I'm gonna need a credit card as i travel a lot and I need to be able to book hotels and flights, as far as I understand from the banking sites you have to be a UK resident for 3 years to be eligible for a credit card, do you guys have any suggestions on how to deal with this issue? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael12345)
    So I'm a eu student going up to Edinburgh in sept for undergraduate, I'm gonna need a credit card as i travel a lot and I need to be able to book hotels and flights, as far as I understand from the banking sites you have to be a UK resident for 3 years to be eligible for a credit card, do you guys have any suggestions on how to deal with this issue? Thanks
    You will struggle to get a CC as a foreign student with no income.

You can do all of the above with a debit card though, you will be able to get one of those for a small fee from most banks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    You will struggle to get a CC as a foreign student with no income.

You can do all of the above with a debit card though, you will be able to get one of those for a small fee from most banks.
    You can't though, most hotels don't accept debit cards online, booking.com is what I use and it's a huge problem there.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.