Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If the government banned women from.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    ...wearing make up for one day.

What will happen?

ReputationRep:
    You mean putting aside the political implications of this move?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    You mean putting aside the political implications of this move?
    No, I'm talking about the social aspects of it lol

ReputationRep:
    The increase in staff taking a day off sick would go up by a significant amount.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing for me, I barely wear it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    My relative attractiveness would go up significantly (I rarely wear make-up due to sensitive skin).

Other than that, I think many girls my age or younger (21) would just not leave the house for a day. Some women would love it, some would want to see what their friends looked like without make-up, some would hide, some would make a joke of it and wear fake moustaches, and the cosmetics industry would lose millions.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edo123)

What will happen?
    Nothing would happen to me... I don't wear makeup. On the other hand, a lot of my friends would be in hysteria :rolleyes:

Also some people you know might look 'different' and some would try to get their hands on makeup any way they could... (Not everyone though)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This would be a nation wide "duvet day".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edo123)

What will happen?
    There would end up being a feminist protest about how the government are taking away woman's rights?

ReputationRep:
    Interesting some people think most girls won't leave their houses and its coming from the girls themselves lol

Wouldn't affect me. So long as I don't have any spots that day.

(Original post by Octohedral)
        My relative attractiveness would go up significantly (I rarely wear make-up due to sensitive skin).

Other than that, I think many girls my age or younger (21) would just not leave the house for a day. Some women would love it, some would want to see what their friends looked like without make-up, some would hide, some would make a joke of it and wear fake moustaches, and the cosmetics industry would lose millions.
        No, it wouldn't, it's only one day and people aren't prevented from buying make up, are they?

ReputationRep:
        There would be an increase in the amount of paper bags sold that day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Maid Marian)
        No, it wouldn't, it's only one day and people aren't prevented from buying make up, are they?
        I reckon the approximate volume of make-up not applied during that day (thus available for another day) runs into several tonnes.
        • Study Helper
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        Riots on the street. Feminists would go crazy. The person who decided it would be hunted down. School attendance would drop. Work attendance would drop.

ReputationRep:
        why would they do that

ReputationRep:
        also I think people would think its stupid so would just wear it anyway

ReputationRep:
        Well, many people would be concerned that I'd be about to pass out. Many people would be concerned for widespread illness in the female population, because as soon as I walk out the door without makeup, I look tired and ill (which I usually am!)

ReputationRep:
        Lots of car crashes, planes crashing into buildings. Lots of relationships breaking up when the boyfriend sees what his wife really looks like. :lol:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Arithmeticae)
        There would be an increase in the amount of paper bags sold that day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whats paper bags got to do with make up?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.