The Student Room Group

Chemistry A2 Aspirin

I need some help with my power point on Aspirin these are the questions can anyone please help me with the question possibly answer it or have any links which will help me.
Here are the questions:

Describe and Explain how the product of Aspirin was protected once it was manufactured?
Explain the methods used to find out the amount of Aspirin in medicine? (This requires more info)
Original post by Pratik19
I need some help with my power point on Aspirin these are the questions can anyone please help me with the question possibly answer it or have any links which will help me.
Here are the questions:

Describe and Explain how the product of Aspirin was protected once it was manufactured?
Explain the methods used to find out the amount of Aspirin in medicine? (This requires more info)

Heya, I'm going to put this in the chemistry forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=130
Reply 2
Original post by Pratik19
Here are the questions:

I don't understand what the first question is asking, but for the second question, you want to find the percentage purity of aspirin. The method for that is basically dissolving the aspirin in ethanol and titrating the aspirin with NaOH. Use the titration results to calculate the mass of aspirin present. (There's lots of stuff on this if you google e.g. "aspirin titration")

Edit: maybe the first question's referring to patenting of the drug see e.g. http://www.chemicalnovelty.com/2012/03/first-aspirin-patent.html
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest