Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am not quite sure how you do this question my exam is not far and I'm making minor mistakes really need help
    Btw it's question 16 (b)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by skyhigh12)
    I am not quite sure how you do this question my exam is not far and I'm making minor mistakes really need help
    Btw it's question 16 (b)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay, what have you tried so far?

ReputationRep:
    it asks at what point does plan A equal the same as plan B
    so at what point does A = B
    so you can set one equation to equal the other, since they both involve the same final variable C
    so 150+28M = 80+35M
    solve it for M

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tearteto)
    it asks at what point does plan A equal the same as plan B
    so at what point does A = B
    so you can set one equation to equal the other, since they both involve the same final variable C
    so 150+28M = 80+35M
    solve it for M
    That seems right, are you having problems solving these equations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Btw it's question 16 (b)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    because the question wants you to find the point when the cost of iphones for both companies A and B are the same, this means when the value of 'C' is the same for both companies. hence you can put the two equations equal to each other, and solve for the value of M.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    because the question wants you to find the point when the cost of iphones for both companies A and B are the same, this means when the value of 'C' is the same for both companies. hence you can put the two equations equal to each other, and solve for the value of M.
    When I do that I get M=10 however this is wrong according to the answer sheet the answer is 17 months...I dont understand how I've done everything correctly.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    When I do that I get M=10 however this is wrong according to the answer sheet the answer is 17 months...I dont understand how I've done everything correctly.
    The answer is 10, you've done it right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tbh guys I think there is an error on the answer sheet because when I substitute 17 for M the costs become different but when I substitute 10 in for M the answers are the same.
    But if anyone finds that 17 is the answer please let me know by posting a reply on here, the exam is very important.
    Thanks for the reply's guys

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.